Mad Max: Fury Road

Do not want.

-Tom

I hope those cars come with iPod integration.

How the hell does that look post-apocalyptic?

From what has been revealed, it appears that the idea with this new movie is to reboot the whole thing. So it’s not a sequel in the world of the Gibson films as much as its a new version where the apocalypse happened to the current world. So the cars are going to reflect current ideas, and apparently they think those concept vehicles (which supposedly have styling connections to the old Aussie muscle cars used in the first two films) will recapture the idea but in a modern looking way.

We’ll see.

I think there’s been some mistake. Those are clearly two cars meant for another Tron movie, after getting some neon detailing slapped on them. The one on the right might be for a Knight Rider reboot, too. But the pictures for the cars for the Mad Max movie didn’t get posted correctly.

That’s better.

So hawt.

-Tom

So hawt.

-Tom

Hawt!

-Tom

I’m pretty sure that Tom Hardy cruising around in modified 1973 Australian Ford Falcon’s isn’t going to happen. ;-)

You shut your filthy Mad Max hating piehole!

-Tom

Bump!

By the way, the new movie is actually in production now. They were going to film it in Australia in the same area they filmed Beyond Thunderdome, but that got scrapped because of climate change - basically the area got too much rain and didn’t look right as a result. So now they are filming it in Namibia. That’s in Africa, by the way.

To recap, the new movie is meant to be a reboot and stars Tom Hardy, Charlize Theron, and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. There is some talk they may be filming two movies at once, but that hasn’t been confirmed.

A random movie vehicle spotted in Namibia:

I loved the Mad Max movies, but I am really glad Gibson isn’t in this.

I should watch them again, I remember liking them a lot when I was a teenager but except for a dumbass trying to catch a boomerang with his hand, I can’t remember a lot of it.

I have the first two on DVD and think they still are pretty good. The Road Warrior is still a pretty perfect movie for what they were trying to accomplish. Never was a fan of Beyond Thunderdome, though, so I never watch that one.

Man, all you need to do is update the rear end of that thing and it looks better than most cars on Top Gear. Also that semi looks perfect.

Mad Max The First is a great beginning, and a great ending, and a boring middle. Still, pretty awesome if you approach it for what it is: a super-low budget Australian New Wave movie.

Max Max 2: The Road Warrior is a perfect movie, in my always humble opinion. George Miller taps into John Ford and Sergio Leone and makes a movie that could stand safely in that lineage. And still, to this day, the most bad-ass car chase ever filmed.

Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome is one-half a good movie. The actual Thunderdome bits are super-cool, but there’s a massive misstep in the middle where Max goes walkabout and falls in with a group of orphaned children. It picks up again at the end with a chase involving a train, but even then it’s sort-of a retread of the Road Warrior ending except not as good. Watch it with a liberal application of the fast-forward button.

I guess he found his way beyond… THUNDERDOME

The placement of those two engines on the truck makes no sense at all. Why would they be mounted that way, and how and where would they transmit their power?

They power the flamethrowers.

That might be it, because I can’t picture a plausible way those engines would be connected to gearboxes and operational driveshafts.