Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered - coming soon?

Does Kaiden have the same cameo/sequence as Ahsely in ME2?

You’re with Cerberus now, you know those guys we killed by the dozens on all those non-descript worlds in ME1… kindly fuck off.

Yeah, their story beats are the same. As much as that “choice” was supposed to be meaningful in ME1 (and was, in the context of that game), it largely just writes them both out of the series.

I only played Fem Shep because I let my wife make all the roleplaying choices for the character on the xbox 360, and concurrently played 1 and 2 (but not 3) as male shep on the PC, and completely agree Fem Shep is a much better performance and therefore character.

Yes she does. It was the reason I chose female commando when I played Swtor.

She’s also Grandmaster Satele Shan woot woot…and Bastila’s ghost if you play a particular story.

I did once. It was . . . eh.

All right folks, for those of you who care (certainly not me, I mean pshhh) we’ve got the achievement list. I would imagine it’s the same for all platforms, more or less?

I was a little worried we’d get an achievement for completing the games on insanity and I need not have worried - we get three of them! I may not bother with those though.

I’ve done it for the first two, but when I did my Vanguard insanity run it just was not fun. The mechanics of how the pinball of death, or any abilities really, worked that meant that any armor or shielding would invalidate anything with knockback or the biotic black hole ability was just not fun.

Scratch that it actively undermined one of the most fun aspects. I know what they were going for, but it was a bad design choice to do that.

Yeah, I’ve done insanity runs on every Mass Effect game to date, but it’s always been on a New Game+ so that I’m not wrestling with having decent powers, weapons and armor availability in addition to crazy hard enemies. I don’t remember the first game being that bad, but there were definite bottlenecks in 2 and 3 that gave me fits. I don’t really feel like doing that again. Maybe if I should for whatever reason decide to play the Legendary Edition yet another time in a few years. I guess crazier things have happened.

I have not played any of these games since their original release, so it’s been 14 years since I played ME1. I’m really looking forward to going through the trilogy again.

I waited on my playthrough because I figured I’d want to play all 3 close together. So I started ME1 when there were only a few months left to the release of ME3. Unfortunately, I got done much faster than I was anticipating, and ended up having to wait a few months for ME3 anyway, so I was really salivating for that release on Day 1.

Then good news everybody! One week until we’re up to our elbows in space opera RPG goodness!

Also, I just came across this article that points out that there may be changes to the morality system, and the morality checks at certain critical points (I’ll say no more for the sake of folks who are new to the games) may have been eased up a bit. This would be a good call I think, it allows for a bit more role-playing and less adherence to a single critical path to get certain desired results.

I guess I should, by rights, play a paragon manshep, since I’ve gone through all three games twice with renegade femsheps, but honestly every time I’ve tried to play paragon I’ve gotten bored and wandered off. I suspect I’ll end up with a renegade femshep playing a different class (maybe infiltrator) for a modest change of pace.

Oh and yes, I should probably let Kaiden live just once.

OK, that’s awesome. That would mean I could actually walk a middle path and have it be viable! I can play good without having to be a friggin’ paladin. Paladins suck.

Other than Paksenarrion I’d agree, she’s the only compelling paladin in all of literature or gaming, IMO.

I don’t recognize the name, which likely proves your point.

I should probably specify exceptions for O’Chul and Lien, now that you mention it. Maybe Hinjo too.

She’s the lead in a trilogy by Elizabeth Moon. Paks doesn’t start as a paladin - that’s more kind of what things crystallize into for her. It’s a really cool character study. Also, if you’ve ever wanted a lot of logistics in your fantasy military narratives, by golly, Moon gives you that. :P

Meanwhile I can’t play renegade. Every time I try I can only commit at most halfway.

Also my ‘main’ was full paragon infiltrator dudeshep. So clearly you and I have nothing in common here @vinraith

Halfway is about what I can manage for paragon, I think, so the move to allow greater flexibility should work out well for both of us. But I’m still throwing that dude off the building.

One thing I appreciate with renegade is that you can still max it out easily without ever having to be racist, it’s only ever necessary to be ruthless in doing the right thing. To be honest, most of the big renegade decisions (kill the bugs, kill the terrorirsts, keep the xenophage) are ones I have to logically agree with.

You should try Vanguard, it’s a blast.

drwhosmile

I mean Mass Effect 2 Vanguard is legitimately the most fun RPG class I’ve ever experienced. Until every freaking enemy had armor or shields.