Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered - coming soon?

Yes they’ve put in work to improve them, but they haven’t created an entire new game, they have re-used the storyline, certain assets, etc. For those that never played the full trilogy, it’s worth full price, but for those of us that purchased all three games and all DLC, giving no benefit for that is a real f*ck you money grab.

The current price for the games is $19.99 which is not full price. Full price was $60.

As to why this bundle is worth the discounted price of the original games? That’s totally subjective so YMMV but given where I saw it on the Stream charts yesterday it seems like many people thought the $60 price point was worth it.

Anyway, wasn’t meaning to start a debate or anything and there’s clearly nothing wrong whatsoever with waiting for price drops or feeling $60 for the three games is too steep. :)

The value proposition of these kind of remasters on PC is always kind of iffy, as unlike in console versions, we already had high framerate and support for high resolutions. So you only pay for the redone art assets.

My understanding from watching a YT review is that at there are lots of little changes all over the place and they did rebalance it, so it wasn’t just redone art exactly. I very well could have misunderstood what he meant by “change” though.

The price can’t be too iffy if they make money off this stuff. Which I assume they do, or they wouldn’t bother.

We’ve gone over the $60 price already. It’s not one game. It’s three. And if you don’t like it, wait for a sale.

Plan to start tonight, so I need to figure out whether I do the classic mode or the legendary 30? There doesn’t seem to be a firm opinion either way.

And it’s not three new games, it’s a fresh coat of paint for three games we already own. Which is not worth $60 roughly 99% of the time. But as you say, we’ve been over this.

Thread’s run it’s course, bye now, have fun continuing to yell about $60 you don’t have to spend.

Christ, the entitlement in this thread…

Gosh, it’s so entitled to think owning something might justify some level of discount on a slightly updated version of that something. It’s not like that’s widespread standard practice.

Anyway. I just get irritated with people’s bullshit on the topic, it’s not like it changes anything.

So @Editer (and why the name change?) did you play all night? Did you do Classic or Legendary 30?

It’s still surprising news to me that the first Mass Effect’s progress would carry over to Mass Effect 2.

Spoiler for Start of Mass Effect 2

I mean, Shepard dies at the start of Mass Effect 2, right? So how can level 30 vs level 60 progress carry over from Mass Effect? I thought that was the excuse to start over.

Midichlorians!

None of us here make the decisions you want made, we can’t effect the change you would want, so it’s just noise for those of us willing to dive in and be part of that zeitgeist.

If you have Game Pass Ultimate, it looks like you get a discount on buying the game.

Didn’t end up playing at all!! A lot going on in life right now and needed to prep for something this afternoon, so it’s gonna be my weekend reward for finishing all of that.

Name change was due to the 2021 online environment, just decided to add a level of filtering to searching out my online opinions, even though my most controversial expressed opinions are that predjudice is bad and Tom was wrong about Deus Ex. :)

I disagree. It’s important to know they were a race of jerks.

Yeah, must come from the EA play membership included in GPU.

Right. Which is why I hadn’t brought it up in several days until people started saying dumb shit on the subject again. :shrug: Anyway. Moving on.

And that Salarians were once a Prothean delicacy.