Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - We're really sorry about Microsoft Flight

I’d love to go to Ethiopia when the pandemic is ‘over’, they have some interesting monkeys and fox-wolves:

To right this thread derail, I will just point out that when I get this game I will definitely want to try flying over the Simien mountains in Ethiopia!

Yep, first flight will start off at Kansai International and fly north over Mt Fuji and Tokyo.

I’m hoping that fseconomy gets updated for the new game.

More Microsoft stuff revealed today at 12 EST…

Some really great ideas for places to explore in this thread.

This line of thinking reminded of the book The Long Walk by Stavomir Rawicz. Probably the most riveting audiobook I’ve ever heard. But in that one he’s taken from Poland to Moscow, put in prison, taken via train east to Siberia, then north via trucks and trekking to a Siberian prison work camp. And he eventually escapes, and the party makes their way South through the Soviet Union, along the south bank of Lake Baikal, and then through Mongolia and Tibet, down to India. That would be a great journey to try to retrace.

Not sure flying it would be the same :)

It will have to do until Microsoft Walking Simulator comes out that maps the whole world.

This sounds like a movie I watched a while back. Yep, just looked it up, and The Way Back was based on the Rawicz novel. Colin Farrell, Ed Harris, Mark Wrong, Soairse Ronan were all in it- hell of a cast.

My last FSX “adventure” was flying around old DEW site locations. I love forgotten places like those.

I plan to scout our nuclear weapon stockpiles.

No cross-pollination with other forums!

I really do that in FS! I worked in nukes for 20 years. Of course the sites don’t show up in game…

I just hope the site @krayzkrok was stationed at is there.

Depending on whether your home is in a photogrammetry-covered area, you might want to start by trying to find your house.

The Honeycomb yoke has taken the hobby by storm and the yoke crowd loves it. It’s a bit more expensive, though, at $249.

I’m a joystick guy, so I’m going to pick up the Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Edition for my second PC. It’s an update to the T.16000m I use on my flight sim rig, which I really like, and they’re coming out with an awesome dual-throttle quadrant later this year. It’s out of stock right now everywhere, but there should be more available very soon, I’ve heard.

Kankakee. For old time’s sake.

That looks pretty cool, thank you. I guess the next question is stick or yoke? I only ever fly the Cessna, so probably yoke. (I can’t actually remember the last MSFS I played, must have been at least 10 years ago, if not more.)

I probably need to get TrackIR too.

TrackIR is so 20th century. VR is amazing for flight sims. Not coming in August, but they’ve said they’re going to do it, and Asobo has done a bunch of work on Hololens so it should be well-integrated. (That’s why it’s not in V1.0 – they don’t want to do a minimal implementation.)

I’m really hoping the FlyInside guy can do a version for FS in the meantime, but not sure.

My cheapo Thrustmaster will continue to serve me well.

Another round of alpha invites went out. Interesting they are still sending out invites when release is so close.

My pit is constructed such that I cant even fly msfs until they support VR. My flight chair, stick and rudder have their back turned to the desk with the screen on it.

Do you have a second chair or something? How do you start games / do general Windows stuff? What about non VR / non flight games?