Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - We're really sorry about Microsoft Flight

Woah

woah

Wow, nice. That’s impressive.

I also got my first achievement in Flight Simulator yesterday when I decided to try out one of the landings. The one in Chile is where I started. So the scenario starts, and I landed 2 minutes later. Achievement popped.

A bit anticlimatic. Though admittedly the scenery around this runway is really pretty, so I’m sure that’s why they chose it.

Oh, and Leg 15 of the Breckenridge Bush Trip is down. That was relatively easy compared to previous legs. I landed on a real runway!

Community add-ons just make this sim so much fun.

Imagine this once you can animate scenery objects. :)

Ahaha nice! Is that you Denny? Changed display name?

I got to Eagle Lake last night on the Breckenridge Bush trip. Wow, what a delight. It’s so refreshing to see water and life and greenery again after spending so long in alien landscapes.

Woohoo, Viaduc de Millau confirmed! Also, @Wendelius, you’ll be pleased to hear the Waterloo mound is properly represented in the update.

So they’re doing France for the next update?

EDIT: Oh here we go. France and lots more:

I would like them to do… Michigan next :)

Yep! Decided it was time to give up my BBS-era user ID habits. :)

I will indeed. Now I’ve got to go see it.

Today’s live event is a pretty amazing spot. It’s the first one I tried. I had a heck of time trying to find where to land. But when I did, suddenly I got 5 achievements. 5!!

I downloaded lots of stuff from the marketplace. Don’t forget the updated content is not automatic, you still have to “buy and download” the free update from within the in-game marketplace.

Oh yeah, meanwhile the Breckenridge Bush trip continues.

I had to go into VR to complete that landing challenge. In pancake mode the view kept panning up as I was trying to land, and you can’t turn off the automatic tracking in 2D mode in a challenge. Did unlock two achievements. Also got the one for locking the view on a star landmark, which I should have unlocked six months ago, so I guess they fixed some of the bugged achievements.

The new scenery is fun. I flew under the Eiffel Tower and was happy to see the collision boxes were realistic. So I decided to really push it and fly through the Arc De Triomph in my Xcub! Made it! So then I was going to land next to the big glass pyramid at the Louvre but I collided with invisible nothing while flying too low over the building.

Oh well. Two out of three ain’t bad.

Does anyone know when the UK-update compatible OrbX London scenery is coming to MS Marketplace? OrbX’s support forums are very passive-aggressive on this point…

I’m perplexed how that’s considered a runway in real life. I mean, it’s just a short grassy hill in the middle of a beautiful spot. I wonder how planes take off again after landing there? Up the hill and over? Or back down the hill after turning around?

That was quite an enjoyable landing challenge (I also got an achievement) but I don’t have the patience to try and improve my score.

I see you’ve reached Prison Town USA :(

Aw, I can’t see my flat on the loading screen any more.

It’s there… I grabbed it a week or two ago. You’ll see it as an update in Content Manager.

Never saw an announcement or anything, though.

Oh, that’s good to know.

Really nice freeware Edgley Optica now up at FlightSim. This one’s native MSFS, unlike the portover that appeared there briefly. OrbX is planning a more detailed version, but this one’s not bad at all, and is great for VR sightseeing.

Is that a real plane?