Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - We're really sorry about Microsoft Flight

Download is already there; they pushed a 90+ GB Xbox preload last week, and MS does huge zillion-gigabyte game releases on a regular basis. It’s just the load on the scenery servers that’s going to be interesting.

If anyone has good data on how much download volume they have at specific times of the global day it’s Microsoft, at this point.

I didn’t expect we’d be able to load in early but I DID expect they would allow caching early which I have not seen.

Argh, totally forgot I would be out of town on vacation the rest of this week, looks like I have to wait a bit longer to earn my wings. Will be looking forward to reading impressions of how this shapes up for everyone on Xbox.

Is there supposed to be a big update for PC today? What time is that supposed to drop? I tried playing this weekend, but kept crashing. Don’t know if it was MSFS or some combination of VR, OVR toolkit, and PilotEdge.

Someone said something about the XBox version being “fiddly.” I can’t imagine why.

Yeah the next sim update is today, it normally drops around 16:00 UK time.

Seattle should be live now, right? Not seeing a patch.

Oh wait, now it’s up! Check for Updates in the store.

Or, what I did. Start the game, and it kicks you to update.

40.29 GIB update size! It will eat up an additional 22.92 GIB of space.

Yep 40GB and I never get more than 25 Mbit/sec from Microsoft’s server for some reason. This is why I dread update day.

There’s like 12GIB of flight tutorials and counting!

Hmmm, not seeing anything for Sim Update 5 so far. Nothing in the Xbox or Windows Store clients and when Ioaded the sim up just now it didn’t do the usual update dialogue.

If you try to launch it directly from the Windows store, does it do anything different? Sometimes I need to do that for an update to “take”.

We never got final confirmation that our package was released to the marketplace, so I’m watching my upload with bated breath until I can launch and see.

(If not, it likely will be in the next few days. So impatient :D )

Launch the game. It told me I needed to patch and it kicked me out to the Windows Store and downloaded the patch. Launch the game again, and it begins the big download.

Should we remove the older Github mod version if so?

Almost took an hour, but I’m done updating. Woooo… let’s gooo.

Yes… honestly the SU5 G1000 has almost everything in terms of functionality that our version does, at this point. That said, I’m working on a mini-update which will activate our enhanced engine pages on the SU5 G1000 to tide people over for a few days if necessary.

Can you please check the Markeplace and tell me if the NXi is there?

I’m not seeing NXi in the Marketplace search.

Btw, there are updates for all previous World Updates, and you download them through the marketplace. Probably bug fixes and optimizations to bring it in line with the new performance stuff. Rough math says about another 20GIBs between them all.

Your downloading nightmare has only begun.

Still not updating for me, though I do have the message that the Xbox version is out on the home page. Thought it might be a router issue as my internet crapped out shortly after my first attempt. But it’s back up now and still no joy. Ho hum. I should be working anyway.

Edit: Rebooting the PC seems to have worked. God knows why the update process has to be so arcane.