MLB 2018 - Hope for a 7-game WS so they'll play on Halloween

Ah, team pages, gotcha. I usually watch the Fastcast on MLB.com or YouTube each day for the basics, but I’ll keep that in mind if I want to see a longer recap of specific games. Usually I only do that if some game looked particularly interesting on the Fastcast.

MLB.tv does a 10-15 minute condensed game and a much shorter highlight reel. Is the FB package the condensed game?

Whew, dodged that bullet.

Apparently, Cincinnati kicked in some cash as well.

LOLReds

LOL. Bold strategy.

It’s the second week of May, and nobody in the AL Central has a winning record, or even a .500 one. The Tigers are 15-20, and at 2 games back, closer to first place than the Colorado Rockies, who are sporting a .583 winning percentage.

Look, if Cleveland insists on sucking, we’re not gonna argue.

Cool fact to distract from the dumpster fire of inconsistency that is our bullpen: After James Paxton’s no-no in Canada tonight there have been no hitters in 3 countries this season.

Bunch of my friends have been sending this around and I thought it was funny, so I’m sharing.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2775157-ichiro-suzuki-after-getting-text-from-tom-brady-who-the-f-k-is-tom-brady

Well, he still doesn’t speak English, which surprised me. I saw an interview with him last week which required an interpreter.

You see Asian women on the LPGA Tour now going to great efforts to learn English, both at the request of the tour but also because I imagine it makes them more marketable individually.

Ichiro actually speaks English just fine, but he does continue to use an interpreter for clarity.

Did not know that. Good for him. Then there goes my excuse for him not knowing who Tom Brady was.

How much you wanna bet that Suzuki is a Seahawks fan and knows exactly “who the f–k Tom Brady is”?

Certainly a possibility. Either way: funny!

Ha, that is so Texas.

On his way to the Brewers AAA club in Colorado Springs, Freddy Peralta gets called up to start for the big club in Denver and records this major league debut:

Pitchers IP H R ER BB K HR ERA
Freddy Peralta (W 1-0) 5.2 1 0 0 2 13 0 0.00

Edit: Peralta is listed as the Brewers’ No. 9 prospect, is 21 and still has braces on this teeth.

Yeah, not a bad debut for a 21yo kid in Coors! He’s pretty small for a pitcher (5’11", 175) and doesn’t throw particularly hard (88-92 usually but with great movement but pretty wild) so it’s probably going to be the highlight of his career for quite a while. Definitely earned at least another start though.

Robinson Cano fractured his hand after being hit by a pitch on Sunday. Today, he drops his appeal for violating the drug policy last offseason. Cano tested positive for a masking agent, furosemide, and will be suspended for 80 games – served concurrently with his DL stint.