Monster Hunter World!!!!!

Anything with adrenaline is good, Imho. Or some armour with lots of slots to put gems. So you can add gems that give you more survavility (armour, adrenalines, protection against Y).

Like, if you are going to fight a creature that poison you, you use the slots to have a lot of anti-poison defense.

maybe I am wrong and this is more a medium-late advice.

I learned a lot from veteran monster hunter world players. Not only how to play better, but to love the game, and learn to chill.

Maybe a bit late, but is never late:

Wellcome to the hunt, PC players!, everyone is wellcomed to the hunt.

I played on PS4 Pro earlier in the year. Playing on PC with XB1 controller is pretty much exactly the same excellent game, except far better because it runs at 3 times the frame rate and everything loads in a second. :)

Or perhaps I misunderstand the question. Are you asking if PC players appreciate the game in the same way that console players did? I couldn’t say, I love both console and PC games. The game is currently ‘mixed’ on Steam mostly due to network issues on launch.

Yeah this. It’s later that you start musical chairing your gear more. I will say with Anjanth, some of those direct hits, especially early on… doesn’t matter what you’re wearing. Aside from the static cling fox guy, Anjanth was the first fight where I saw folks feint, fairly frequently even.

One exception to gear with high defense, is fighting in swamps (or egg transporting?). Facing Jyuratodas last night I found it beneficial to have the fish boots to make moving through the water much easier!

I used the the cloak and the charm for that but you’re right he shows up before those are available.

This just came up on my phone.

Is it selfish that I’m now thinking how this will delay potential PC patches, while they rush to correct whatever issue the Chinese have with the game (rumoured to be the depictions of skeletons)?

I was going to ask how well it sold in China and it sounds like… a lot. It might even be their biggest market for PC? yeah this might delay things a bit.

This is certainly one of the most frustrating 3rd person action games I’ve played. Not difficulty wise, but simply trying to get a few good hits in. Between the monster roars, debuffs, knockdowns, slow swing times and wrestling with controls (I can’t seem to stop using left stick which totally fucks me over when I want to do simple combos with sword and shield), as well as the unique manual aiming nature of the combat (lock on seems useless? It doesn’t seem to turn the character, only camera tracking) and the frantic movement and repositioning of the monsters I’m having trouble simply finishing the combos with some weapons.

I thought I have settled on the long sword and maybe I will, but I’m often having trouble finishing the spirit attack combo to get the next charge. The standard moveset on the weapon is right up my alley though, especially the vertical slashes which offer a real easy access to monster parts that were otherwise hard to reach when I was still using sword and shield. Maybe I need to shed my mentality of a Souls player that uses every single opening to get a few hits in and just wait for the really juicy opportunities to unload.

Other than that, loving the game. The weapons feel truly unique and I’m legit excited to get better at using more of them. But I will say this - whoever decided that all attacks in a combo sequence should be locked to the same direction is a grade A sadist. I simply cannot find any justification for it.

100% recommend against using the focus target, locked on offering. It will get in your way more often than help you. Theyr’e not that difficult to find with a manual camera… they’re huge. The Scoutflies also help find them when theyr’e not in front of you so really that is just going to add to your frustration.

I’ve got no experience with Dark Souls but it’s pretty rare that I look for constant combo opportunities. Now if your kitty has a gadget that creates more opportunities (this exists, I recommend finding them), or you’re with a team and someone else is creating an opportunity, another great reason to do fight in a team, then heck yeah I am building up to a combo…

With a Long Sword you have to get the spirit combos in regularly, otherwise the weapon will be so weak as to be pointless. Basically there’s a meter you build up with normal attacks and spend on the spirit attacks, and landing the 4th attack of a spirit combo levels up the weapon (increasing the damage of all attacks, and enabling the helm breaker move).

That said, I was using the LS for maybe 80% of the time, and usually did not find it too hard to land the full combo often enough to keep it at full charge. Mostly it’s just a matter of reading the monster animations well enough to know when you have time for the full set of attacks. The final attack of the combo can be steered a little bit, and that’s the only one you absolutely need to land.

Finally, as a bit of cheese you can gain meter and do spirit attacks on dead monsters. So just kill some random herbivore, beat on the carcass for 10 seconds, and then start the real fight level with the LS already on red.

I played over 200 hours on PS4 with a hammer. Wanted to change it up for PC so I tried charge blade. Now I’m having a hard time going back to hammer. It’s that good.

Yeah it’s not great, I’d switch to the target cam mode and set it to big monsters only. That maintains lock on the big monsters but doesn’t move the camera - you tap LB to move the camera to quickly find them.

I’m in love with the Insect Glaive. I tend to prefer versatility over anything else, and no weapon in MH seems to give you more options than the Glaive. Mobility, good melee, ranged attacks, elemental and physical damage, good control/support, you name it. So good.

The rodeo aspect of the weapon allures me, although the attention to pulling the bonuses does not. One person I game with loves that. .He’s the one that got to + in two days.

First of all, you aren’t locked in the same direction even with the longsword. To me it sounds like you haven’t fully learned the weapon. It is complicated, and there is a lot of little tiny mechanics for each weapon that have a drastic impact on the way they are used. Have you been using the longswords new “counter” attack at all? you can immediately go into roundhouse slash if you successfully dodge an attack. Have you been taking full advantage of the lateral and backwards fade slash? you can use it to dodge an attack, then spirit blade in, then you are already on the 3rd spirit strike and can immediately go into a roundhouse. The longsword is incredibly nimble, and also btw, you can literally change directions with each new attack. On the sword and shield, you cannot imput directional attacks without thinking because it will do the new lateral strike, a way to stick on monsters faster and easier. Really, go watch Gaijin hunter videos on these weapons, they will be very illuminating.

I don’t know which tracker I use, but I suggest the one that doesn’t automatically follow the monster. Just use the one where you have to press L1 and it focuses the camera on the monster, I think it is the focus camera.

On the lower tier monsters, you can pretty much constantly attack them if you manuver around their legs effectively and don’t get hit by tail sweeps. The sword and shield is best for this, you can literally never leave a montser and just keep pointing him because it is so mobile and agile. The longsword is trickier, you have to pick your moments a lot better, take advantage of the ability to “wait” in between attacks (you can delay combos by quite a bit, it is very helpful. You don’t have to mash A and attack as fast as possible) and also, the fade slash really is your best friend.

The charge blade is literally a game unto itself. It’s so much fun. Anytime I want to try a new weapon I just give up and switch back, it’s got everything. And there is such a high learning cap too, since you can combo almost any move to any other move infinitely.

It has been a while since I have longsworded, but I believe you only need to hit the 4th attack as well. Like you can miss with all 3 before it, and hit with the spirit roundslash and bring up your meter.

That being said, watch a video tutorial on youtube for your weapon. I thought I was doing the longsword right, but it really opened my eyes to see how to do the longsword masterfully. It also lead me to some other weapon videos that turned me on to the Greatsword.

Right, that’s what I wrote and you quoted :)

Looks like I misread what you wrote. But it is a big deal, and it was the thing I learned that made me better at the longsword. The roundslash has a huge range, so you can usually time the first 3 slashes to get you into range for the 4th to hit.

let me just post some greatsword pr0n here.

those tackles through the charges chef’s kiss

I can never get that to work when I try it.