Monster Hunter World!!!!!

I’d think the Hunting Horn is probably the most fit for that category. By playing different tunes (which vary by which horn you’re using) you give the party different buffs or can provide heals. It’s also a pretty cool blunt weapon which can help knock out monsters for your party to deal ton of damage or focus certain parts for cleaving. You’re basically a bard with a horn bigger than you are!

I know it’s the art style and anime thing, but every time I switched by well switchaxe to the big sword and could barely moved I had to laugh a little. The proportions of these weapons and gear are… pretty ridiculous. I also wish I could play as someone who doesn’t look 12 or sound 8 years old but… i take what i can get.

Yeah, all the two handed weapons ratchet up to ridiculous size pretty quickly. That was one of the reasons I ran sword & shield for so long, it just looked more to scale. Have you checked out Dauntless? It’s going to be on PC, yes it will be FTP but it might work for you and your groups needs and it seems slightly less ridiculous in scale.

Totally following Dauntless. My instinct usually tells me to run as far away from F2P as possible, but I am still hopeful. I am convinced there is room for more than one game in this genre. I am also not sure how well MH is going to port to PC or how long it will take.

I like the look of Dauntless too. MH is beautiful, don’t get me wrong, simply gorgeous from what I saw. Dauntless is stylistic and could offer something accessible or different for that reason alone.

Heh yeah I agree with you there on all counts.

That sounds right up my alley. Generally speaking, is it considered useful in a group or is it more like, “geez, another idiot with a hunting horn”?

Traitor!

Hunting Horns are amazing. The status buffs for the party are so handy and it’s always desirable to have one in the group (unless you are doing some sort of coordinated thing that if won’t work for, typically to farm a specific part).

I had a ton of fun with Hunting horn solo in Generations. It felt pretty fun to play the buff dancing game while trying to get head smacks on.

If it’s not one of those guys who stays way in the back and only plays songs. Should be noted for beginners that the Hunting Horn is still a melee weapon and designed for hitting things while you’re playing your sick tunes.

This hunting horn sounds wholly ridiculous. I look forward to seeing someone else use it because it also sounds fun.

Fair point. There really is no class that doesn’t actually attack.

Oh don’t you worry, I’ll be dragging you all over this game hunting for various bits and bobs to adorn my armor.

20 minutes of gameplay.

and it looks awesome (there’s Palicoes).

I am not sure I am going to like the camera changes they’re showing like that. Heh, might have to take a motion sickness pill to play this game.

Combat looks like the MonHun I know and love. I’m now hyped!

Nice little article on Verge about bringing the game to the West, with comments from Tsujimoto:

Pretty excited about this.

I’m still waiting for more actual details about the pc version, but if I have to wait a while hopefully Dauntless will be public by then and give my pc friends an interest in the genre.

Cannot wait for this! I’m so bananas excited it’s ridiculous!

This article. I chuckled a little at the comparison between PS4 and XBOX. I mean, I get it’s no 3DS but the XBOX doesn’t even register on the map. It seems silly to say neither is huge when there is such a difference between just those two.

As for Tri… didn’t know it was a conscious effort to expand the player-base with that. I guess it partially worked since i am here.