More Star Trek: TNG?

I’d say in spite of them, but whatever floats your boat.

We’re going through DS9 again. For the fifth time.

Yussssssssssssssssssss

Now I am doing a TOS rewatch.

I think my resistance to DS9 was based on, as some wag said, “To boldly sit where no one has sat before”.

That was certainly my prejudice against it until 2001. Then I gave it a chance and was blown away.

Yeah, don’t worry, they don’t sit for long.

And then there’s always Babylon 5, which is probably better than DS9, pound for pound.

Oh yeah: I went there.

Went where, the place where people are right?

You know the procedure…

and your friend can keep you company…

I’ve tried getting into B5 like 6 times, so boring.

Ah, well then, let me introduce you to the Brian Rubin maneuver: did you watch past the first season?

And of course, same reason. Much like DS9 and TNG, first season is rocky.

I certainly liked B5 better at the time, when the shows were both airing weekly episodes at the time.

The turning point for me was when B5 was nearing it’s end, and I realized that I wouldn’t really miss any of the characters, but I would really miss all the DS9 characters.

I did! I had a friend show me episodes from multiple seasons as well as some feature length episode. Just never clicked.

As much as I love sci-fi, some shows have never clicked for me. B5, Stargate, Farscape…

Hmmmm…stick that in your jump gate, Walter Koenig…

Heheh, I’d forgotten he was even on the show. The only two characters I remember from B5 are Lando and J’Kar, both good ones.

Throw in Vir, and you’ve got a threesome of amazing characterization and chemistry. pours one out for that moon-faced assassin of joy

Exactly…the awesome show no one remembers any of the characters from. I was at Gen Con one year and saw Koenig get all pissy because no one wanted to hear a thing about that boring, cardboard cut-out show.

“That’s great! Tell us about Ricardo Montalban!”