More Star Trek: TNG?

Man, these threads always remind me that I really need to watch DS9. I’ve neverseen more than about half an episode total.

It edges out TNG for me, but just edges it. The character friendships are TOS-level. But it also does the best job of being an ensemble effort of all the series. And it is free on Amazon for Prime subscribers.

Mine, I didn’t grow up watching TOS, so it ranks lower. I am glad to have finally seen them all remastered though. I also haven’t seen any of STD yet, but I have disliked it since first seeing the uniforms. :)

1.) DS9
2.) TNG
3.) TOS
4.) Enterprise
5.) Voyager
6.) STD

Not just about growing up with it. I was in HS when TNG came out.

IMO, still the best scripts and cinematography (even with the season 3 financially-driven swoon…I mean I’d take Nazi-planet or Roman-Planet over all Voyager or Season 1 TNG any day). I mean look at the freaking gorgeous, tasty stills I have peppered here throughout this thread. Gotta love Desilu and their technicolor Hollywood studio-level production. Visually, it was the work of art of all the series, hands down.

Oh, and it built the whole damn franchise!!

Star-Trek-Phaser-Rifle-James-Kirk

“You Klingon bastard! You’ve killed my son!”

“Lucky Shot!”

I love Star Trek III, love the Motion(less) picture too. I still think the first movie captured the feel of the TOS better than any other.

Agree. It’s my number 2 film.

Well, we’ve all had wonderful Star Trek friend moments here in this thread…

But we all knew it was coming…lets rank all the films…

What the hell, why not go ahead and put Garak and Nog on the ship, too!

The Movies

1. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
  2. Star Trek: The Motion Picture
  3. Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
  4. Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
  5. Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
  6. Star Trek: Beyond
  7. Star Trek: Insurrection
  8. Star Trek (2009)
  9. Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
  10. Star Trek: Generations
  11. Star Trek: Nemesis
  12. Star Trek: Into Darkness
  13. Star Trek: First Contact

Speaking of TOS and Desilu, you know why we even have Star Trek at all right? Lucille Ball insisted that it was made, even though the studio thought it was crap. She was a big star and got her way.

I was just about to post that.

Yup, Visionaries. The whole idea of quality prints for syndication later? Lucille Ball (and Desi, let’s not leave him completely out). Revolutionized television.

You are obviously an intelligent person with great taste in trivia. I applaud you.

Oh and you too. :)

download%20(1)

You do realize that William Windom took that tic of playing with the ‘tapes’ from Humphrey Bogart in The Caine Mutiny. Bogart would rattle ball bearings in his hands as he slowly went mad.

Who you schoolin’?

Check the gif thread. :)

Oh I never go there.

Little Morgan Woodward tribute to the “Walking Boss”. Seriously, they had fantastic guest actors of that sow. Truly top notch.

download%20(2)

Now that I think about it, I don’t think I watched DS9 past the first season, for some reason. Not only is it free to Amazon subscribers, it’s also on Netflix and Hulu as well (or so my Roku tells me)

It’s worth a sweet binge. If just for Quark, Nog and Rom! Right @BrianRubin and @divedivedive ?