More Star Trek: TNG?

Hey man, just between you and me — you got a really bad case of the old mans.

Hey, TNG movie writers, write something original about original characters!

You too, Abrams.

@divedivedive, am I gonna have to put you in the pain chair again?

This ain’t the gif thread, @divedivedive

They’re all gif threads, dude.

Back in the box. 50% penalty on Trek opinions.

Bingo. The first time I saw them I was impressed by their… alienness. Then the fuckers started talking. And they ruined it. I’ve had dates like that.

Yeah, lots of folks like the episode about Hugh but I remember thinking the borg had jumped the shark with that one. And I was right!

Just caught up on this topic. Dang.

I was going to point out that the awesome Borg had already been nullified by the time we got to Hugh, but then you went and said Nemesis was the best Star Trek movie and I’m trying to decide if all other other stuff we do agree on is enough to make me not block you and try to forget you ever existed. :)

And I think we all agree we don’t need a show about a 77-year-old Captain Picard. New crew that has some connection to him (Bob LaForge, Geordi’s grandson, often consults Old Man Jean Luc in times of real trouble) that lets him cameo periodically.

Wha?!? Who said that? I thought if there was one thing we could agree on here is was that fact?

I’ll agree we don’t need an old Captain Picard. But Patrick Stewart is a national treasure that I would gladly watch read a laundry list.

Agree. I will not watch him play a flute, however.

It’s more like a small piccolo. A space piccolo!

OK, time to go to work on him too. This’ll cure him of his flute habit.

C’mon…give up the flute…

What flute? It’s not a flute.

This is a flute.

And this.

Goddammit. My grandfather didn’t spend forty years playing piccolo in the symphony so you can have the misconception that the player blows in one end. If Picard was playing a piccolo, he’d be blowing across a hole cut into the teeny cylinder, just like a flute.

I couldn’t argue with you if you wanted to call it a Picardolo, though.

Edit: facemelting piccolo solo