Neo Nazis and the Alt Right

There’s also this BART tidbit, in assisting the US Gestapo

Had almost that exact same exchange with a guy who works in my building. His brother is a cop who’s been fired from multiple departments in SW Ohio (most recent for enticing his married girlfriend to shoot her husband), and the brother’s son was recently fired from a fire dept after a FB post went viral stating he’d rather rescue animals from fires than people of color.

Eh, maybe. I’m about as “fight the power” as you can get, and I took this to mean if they want to fight it would not be against the anti-fascists, but against his officers who would be cracking down on the fighting. Especially since he said “it’s not happening today” re: fighting.

Edit: I would even go further to say, after watching it again, this is good police work. Trying to diffuse a situation before it occurs with an obviously antagonistic group (“I can tell by what you’re wearing”) by talking calmly, laying out expectations (“that’s not happening today”) and issuing a threat/consequences (“I got a couple guys that also want to fight”).

But why are the proud boys laughing as if he’s their buddy? I’m a little confused what is going on there too.

Not fired…suspended. For five whole days.

I’m surprised they weren’t promoted for showing their true colors. Alabama gonna Alabama.

There’s evidence of white supremacist leanings in police departments all over the place.

And considering the recent activities of the Massachusetts State Police and the Berkeley Police, I’m fairly confident it’s not just Alabama.

Instinctively, I assume Neo-Nazis would be drawn to authoritative positions. While there’s going to be psychopathic @$$holes in any walk of life, I wonder what the delta is between police officers and. for instance, school teachers (and entirely different type of authority figure).

I’ve known some real scumbag elementary school teachers. As students get older teachers seem to be less likely to pull shit. Mr. Greenberg used to give his Astronaut Training Test to the boys. He’d hold them up by their ankles and shake them. Mrs. Crespi used to send students home that wore the color red, as it was the color of the devil.

The adult parent me says, “Oh, no!” The kid in me says, “Awesome!”

My worst (Mr. Jaffe) was a teacher who took students out to the hallway and slammed us against lockers while getting yelled at. Nowhere near the horror stories I’ve heard from others, however.

Narrator: It was not.

Was this like a religious school?

Nope. Just her. And she got away with it. Early 1960s were a different time.

That’s pretty messed up. I remember disliking one teacher prior to High School, and three or four weeks into that school year a new teacher was hired. I was one of the first to transfer out of there.

Apparently the schools around here, or some of the schools around here don’t do the one teacher per class anymore. He’s 9 and has two classroom teachers, subjects divided, in addition to the PE / Music and etc.