Neo Nazis and the Alt Right

A reminder:

One of my favorite podcasts this week explains that Nazis protests are definitely protected under the first amendment. They read off some examples of speeches in KKK protests in the past that were similarly protected. Inciting violence in the abstract, as opposed to giving clear and immediate instructions, is protected.

Podcasters are quite liberal BTW.

Oh my god. He was one of those idiots? Thatā€™s my town. (Home of the Pumpkin-Fest Riots). Those guys were morons of the highest order, despised by everyone. They wanted parking spaces downtown privatized. It takes a special kind of stupid to come up with an idea that dumb. And then add onto that that they actively harassed and made life hell for public servants just trying to do their jobs, one of whom was a vet who ended up quitting because he said his life as a meter maid was actually more stressful than his time in Iraq.

Iā€™m a bit worried about Bannonā€™s ouster. The few items I liked on Trumpā€™s agenda (infrastructure, pieces of tax reform) which werenā€™t 100% ALEC/GOP dogma were due to him.

I also donā€™t think Trump will get any better or smarter as a result.

Stillā€¦ Nazis and Racists. It did have to be done (itā€™s only too bad it couldnā€™t have been figured out by the GOP base before the nomination).

I have no idea what the policy agenda is of the people surrounding Trump now. Jared and Ivanka mostly want to get rich and take lots of ski vacations. Cohn evidently wants tax reform. Miller is the muslim travel ban guy, but I can find no policy positions of his other than a fear of brown people.

And Trump himself appears to be separating even further from the GOP establishment. Who the fuck knows if heā€™s interested in anything at all?

He just wants to be loved and admired. Thatā€™s his policy position.

Should probably link the original. Which is not only original, but funnier:

And of course the ā€œcoffee attackā€ was staged, which was obvious from watching it.

He was also apparently the frontman for a death metal band called BlƶƶdHag (love the use of double umlaut - very Spinal Tap), where heā€™s credited as ā€œProfessor J. B. Stratton (a.k.a. Grimoire the Expectorator), vocalsā€.

Lawsuit from Cleve forthcoming.

Some of these guys apparently celebrated Heather Heyerā€™s death.

Counterprotest:

Including the guy who organized it all.

Yeah. They were putting out a ton of offensive content before they were blocked, some of which was captured for, er, posterity and can still be viewed by anyone lucky enough to possess a sufficiently strong stomach.

They were awesome. Jeff (the guy pictured at the top of that link) was my next door neighbor for like 5 years. And for those who donā€™t want to click through, this is the relevant info:

ā€œBlƶƶdHag was a death metal band from Seattle, Washington, in the Pacific Northwest. Self-described by the genre ā€œedu-coreā€, the group played short songs with lyrics consisting of biographical and bibliographical information, observations, and abstractions of science fiction, fantasy, and seminal horror authors.ā€

They would play death metal shows at the public library.

Hmm, you know what? Iā€™d listen to that.

This is so good.
The rise and humiliating fall of Chris Cantwell, Charlottesvilleā€™s starring ā€˜fascistā€™

So apparently todayā€™s ā€œfree speechā€ (i.e. alt-right) rally in Boston ended early when the couple of dozen protesters decided to quietly pull up stakes and exit before the counter-protester march showed up.

Hereā€™s what made them turn tail:

Makes me proud for my city. Letā€™s hope all the other ā€œfree speechā€ rallies scheduled for this weekend in other places go as peacefully.

Unhinged antifa hooligans.

Wow thatā€™s really impressive. Good job Boston.

Then thereā€™s dumpster fire: