Netflix's Warrior Nun is the best thing I've seen in a long time

Excellent! I hope the later episodes connect with you the way they did for us.

It was fun, if predictable. They certainly left it hanging. Even though you know they aren’t going to kill off that character.

Seen one episode.

Pretty dumb that Spanish isn’t the main language, pull a hunt for red October or 13 warrior.

Guess I’ll keep going to check how much it improves, and to see Joaquim de Almeida play a non Latino character.

Speaking of ethnicities: the actress who plays Lilith?

Cool. She has such an interesting and evocative face. I told my wife I was guessing Central American with indigenous ancestry, so I wasn’t too far off.

I’m pretty sure this thread is my equivalent of Tom trying to read a thread about some not-offensively-bad game and people giving their own 7/10 reviews.

I’m still on 10/10. Loved it, and it was just the type of escapist fantasy I needed ;)

I found it fun, especially after Ava accepted her fate. I love how the actors get to say things with their faces and body language. I also am smitten by the characters Mary and Beatrice. I could look at those for days.

Going through the series, slow and steady, it’s good fun, but the idea of having us hear Ava’s thoughts sometimes, it was a bad one.

Maybe they didn’t think the actress could pull off just emoting without actually spelling out what she’s thinking? Trying to be more like the comics, even though comics have been doing away with that style? Just a bad idea?

I agree, and it also doesn’t help that I find the young woman who plays Ava to be rather wooden, both in terms of voice over acting and onscreen. Shotgun Mary is awesome enough to make up for her. I’m on episode 8 or 9 now, and I’ve been enjoying it.

seems like the internal dialogue got less and less as the series went on

I’m three episodes in and really enjoying this. The ancient-church-secret-demon-battle thing is right up my alley. Ava’s inability to accept reality despite repeated demon encounters is pretty stupid, but that’s a minor complaint and I assume it’ll resolve itself shortly.

It’s kind of funny how in all these shows people who don’t believe in the supernatural are always these dogmatic zealots who refuse to accept plainly obvious reality.

I finished the first season. Huh. Have to admit I was surprised by how much happens in that last episode or two. And after really disliking a couple of the actors (Ava, and Lillith) I came around on both of them. Mary and Beatrice remain awesome throughout. I do hope it gets a Season 2. That was as cliff hangery an ending as there ever was.

Just finished it up, and you’re not kidding. I wish I’d known that ahead of time, I’d have put the show on my “watch once they finish it” list. I did enjoy the journey, but the not-actually-an-ending made the whole thing feel worse. I’m sure it’ll be fine if they get to finish it out in a season 2, but if that never happens…ugh.

Haven’t seen it all yet, but the first few episodes don’t exactly paint Ava as being very bright they pretty much scream, you wuz murdered! and she does nothing with it for nearly the rest of the episode, and it’s not even that she understood and was processing, you hear her thoughts.

There’s a lot of goofy things about Warrior Nun, but this seems like a strange complaint. Doesn’t the first episode happen in like a single day or so? She comes back from the dead—most people would just assume they hadn’t died in the first place and just woke up from, instead. Crazy other shit is happening, at the same time. She’s a former paraplegic teenager—I thought her reactions, at least for the first episode, seemed reasonable.

I’m not talking about the first episode, I’m talking about when the priest tells her she killed herself.

Yeah, agree. I had heard there was a cliffhanger, but that felt more like they forgot they didn’t have any more episodes.

I wasn’t expecting a whole lot, but it was decent. I’ll probably watch the second season.