New American Godzilla Movie

If somehow they managed to throw in a giant turtle in there people would go apeshit.

Also–the shot with the F-22s falling out of the sky is awesome, but it’s all the elements blended together–the fogged in Golden Gate (and the ruined bridge), the mist and rain, a fleet, and the guys in the boat. Love that.

— Alan

<---- Crosses fingers and hopes for MechaGodzilla to make an appearance.

Looks Fantastic!!!

Did I mention how this is the greatest goddamn thing I’ve ever seen?

Me too, but I don’t think they have the rights to any of the Toho monsters other than Godzilla. There are definitely other creatures in the movie though.

Wow. My giant monster gland is all swollen and tingly. I’m thinking this may be the first movie I see in a theater since I walked out of Iron Man because of screaming children in the aisle.

Edit: But that was in Brooklyn. I’m sure people are much more polite in theaters in Florida.

I didn’t know this existed… holy crap, amazing trailer.

Is that Kick Ass in the movie? (check IMDB) Yep, sure is. He looks so completely different without the Kick-Assfro

I doubt I would go to movies in the U.S. based upon the amount of talking, texting, etc. that people seem to complain about. It would be really weird to see any of those things in a theatre here.

They are apparently being referred to as MUTOs.

https://www.google.com/search?q=godzilla+mutos

I am so curious what the deal is with the red smoke flares. They are all over both of the official trailers.

Dang, I am so excited to see this. Such effective advertising. Then again, I was excited for Cloverfield and came out of that with a headache and a sick stomach.

It’s just a thematic color, that’s all. Stands out, don’t it?

— Alan

Damnit. I don’t want to get hyped.

Den Of Geek was lucky enough to be invited to a 20-minute preview of this summer’s Godzilla, and there was a palpable, almost gleeful air of excitement in the room as the lights went down. Although we won’t go into spoiler-filled detail here, we can report that what we saw was promising. Very promising indeed.

You are absolutely correct, and more. But some movies DEMAND the theater experience. This being a prime example.

The disadvantage of going to the movies in a small town is that the theater tech is pretty obsolete. The advantage? When I go on a Saturday at noon I basically have the place to myself (when I saw The Hobbit with a friend there were two other people there). I will definitely be seeing this at the theater. Hopefully it will be empty.

International trailer:

— Alan

I don’t know what it is, but I just love that last scene where they shoot off the flares from the rooftop. The Pop pop pop is just such a cool sound. But one thing I do know, is that I’m ready for this movie to be out!

New extended look trailer. The end of the trailer is the payoff. Can’t wait for May 16th!

— Alan