New Angeles Forum Game: Capital, CAPITAL!

I was implying that we should use Clean Slate instead of Quaratine to minimize the drawback. If we’re going with Quarantine, we should definitely heal 7,9,10 and 5 or 6, but the blowback associated with Quarantine will mean that we HAVE to replace the next event. So my offer remains. @Tim_N

I pass, sorry. I feel this close to mutual death we should all work as a team, so what I will do is give 1 capital to all non-cylon players if the counter offer gets through.

Not that I’m in the running, but I don’t have many cards. In fact, @Jorn_Weines , I’ve played Gentrification previously, so you should remove it.

@soondifferent: if it helps, I’ll send you a capital too if the counter-offer goes through and you support it.

@rho21 I appreciate the offer! Barring Jinteki’s cooperation though, Melange will need 8 capital to keep its doors open. I can only guess as to Haas’s goals, but I suspect NBN and Globalsec (+Haas?) will be able to come to some sort of agreement and be the grownups in the city to prevent and pardon my rather unsportsmanlike threat to pack away my toys and go home, all the while maintaining the status quo. @Lantz @Perky_Goth

Unfortunately, for New Angeles to survive, it’s likely that you’ll need both the squabbling children to cooperate.

I will support the counter offer for 1. How much is needed seems like will depend on what our traitor is up to.

I am sorry, am I missing a rule here? Is this posturing or do you face literal elimination?

Well, the petulant miners are refusing to work unless there’s a chance for Melange to come out on top, which there won’t be if we don’t get some windfall equivalent to what Jinteki stands to reap. They hold enough cards that they can bring the beanstalk crashing down on all of us. I’m sorry, I’m down here, and they’re up there. My hands are tied.

Ok cool, at first I read it in that light, but then the specific number of 8 made me wonder if I was missing some rule…

What kind of mining executive are you if you can’t handle a simple miner’s strike?!

At this point I will be happy with losing the game to @rowe33 if it means @soondifferent also loses with less capital haha. It’s such a random spanner to throw into the works, I guess I must be your rival and this is the only way to have even a tiny chance of coming out with a win.

Well, there’s no losing with less capital (or assets), there’s just losing. Melange is the worst at generating capital IMO, but has the most versatile actions to compensate. This makes me indispensible when it comes to the survival of the city. I’m just playing to my strengths and trying not to ruin the game for NBN/Globalsec/Haas without cause. Note that I’m not asking for 15 capital (or even just enough to bring me up to your current capital) which would be poor form. Just parity for this one critical action.

We’re probably going to need to play 3 more biotech cards if we are to survive. You can’t do it alone, nor I.

Well, I wouldn’t be too sure about that. I have the two we most urgently need, I am not sure what the third is.

I still don’t really understand your angle. You’re saying you are really vital to the team but don’t generate capital very well, so people should donate capital to compensate for that otherwise you’ll actively sabotage our chances? Your time to leech capital is when you’re performing said vital actions, not when you have a finger on a self-destruct button! I am not gaining as much capital from this action as you think. I have already committed to donate 4 capital to the rest of the group, and maybe even an extra +1 to the special someone who brings it over the line.

Then you should have no problems just giving the 4 to me. Giving everyone an equal amount is not going help NBN/Globalsec/maybe Haas in any way, and giving me 4 is not going to hurt them any. You don’t keep a self destruct button on your desk for show, you use it for leverage.

Giving +1 to every non-cylon does help the player that is rivalled to the cylon, although he has so much capital it might be moot. In any event, giving everything to you does hurt the player that is rivalled to you.

What is your self-destruct button anyway? You’ll use cards to support the main offer? That can be overcome if the later players think it worthwhile.

You want to see a real self-destruct button? Take a look at the one on my desk, which involves copying @rowe33’s loophole in the card text “up to 4” when quarantining. I am not going to give you any capital now for being a baby, and if other players decide to indulge your request for 8 capital then who knows what will happen!

Instead of +1 to everyone, which I agree is a little boring, i’ll give +4 capital to any player that subverts whatever sabotage @soondifferent has in mind and gets the counter offer through.

I have 12 cards in hand. Weyland has 5.

Ah, that’s a good point, and @rho21 can’t actually offer cards either.

Well, it’s a shame then that Jinteki policy is to not negotiate with terrorists. Blow us all up or not, just do it soon.

Since Jinteki doesn’t understand the meaning of cooperation and guillotines, I look to our wiser leaders in hopes of saving our fair city. @Perky_Goth @Lantz @rho21

Fight, my pretties, fight!!!

I… what do you want me to do? I passed, Lantz can play a card.
I lost a long time ago and I’m not going to play Richard Neville.

He wants you to give him capital. Don’t do it!