New Angeles Forum Game: Capital, CAPITAL!

Pass @lantz

I have nothing useful, @Tim_N

I meant that unless something changes, that will be the production.

I know, but no one’s interested in fulfilling demand… which is probably the way to go to avoid busting. I considered forcing the issue with the asset, but it wouldn’t make a difference and might just ruin and end the game, so, ehhh… gg

So this round to have any chance of surviving we need a strong security action to clear human first right? That or another unorthodox knowledge? I have neither at this time, so pass. @rowe33

I couldn’t reward blackmail, and your response has confirmed to me that at this point in the game you’re just dead weight with your threats and carrying on. In future I advise you to insist on instant transfers (which are binding agreements) to avoid the trust issues.

Pass @rho21

I’ll counter-offer my emergency action. I think I promised Melange 1 capital, too, so I should transfer that.
@Jorn_Weines
@soondifferent

I chose to trust you because we will need to work together going forward, and that means that you can’t deny an essential party the chance to win. I also knew I had additional resources to enforce the agreement later on.

Thank you @rho21. If we lose I will regret drawing Globalsec, NBN and Haas into our little feud the most. Alas, we are back where we were one day ago.

Jinteki now has 41 capital, Melange has 33 capital thanks to NBN and Globalsec. Previously I was willing to accept a 4 capital lead from Jinteki going into the final round. Because he broke his previous agreement, I will now only accept a 3 capital lead.

This can take the form of a 2 capital transfer to me and one to Haas (as I do not think it will upset the current balance.) Or you can give 5 capital away to others. Or perhaps our friends would be willing to spot you 5 capital on your behalf. All this so long as the transfers are permanent and does not involve an exchange/promise of favors, assets or future trade backs.

Once this is done to the spirit of the agreement I will be able to call off Tanaka from offing the mole within the Human First movement. A chance to survive is better than no chance to survive.

Fellows, I wlll leave the future of the city in your hands. @Perky_Goth @Lantz @Tim_N @rho21

Breaking News! Yuri Talunik has unveiled what the non-partisan production company The New Angeles Set Design and Prop Warehouse has declared a ‘honking big’ red button that he asserts will crash down our defenses leaving the City open to the Federalists.

Will the City negotiate with this terrorist threat or blow the whole game up in factional spite?

@soondifferent: The trouble is that almost no-one can spare any capital right now without making themselves likely to lose the game. I’m making 4 capital if the counter-offer goes through, which helps my position a bit. I think (hope) I can afford this… I’ll send you all of that if you use Tanaka in my favour or 3 of it if you hold off and the counter offer goes on to win.

I appreciate your generous offer! However, initially I suggested that I will accept capital from Globalsec/NBN/Haas thinking that there was a way to do so (ie. certain players giving equal amounts) without changing the current balance; I’m beginning to think I may have misread the situation. I would not want to be the cause leading to defeat for one of you. Of course, that’s also a simplistic view, since all deals involve give and take. So first –

<meta-game discussion commences>
Seriously, I would like some input as to whether you guys think this is bad form/unsportsmanlike gameplay. In my mind, this is the logical endpoint of this trade-anything-anytime, pseudo co-op system – someone can (and likely will) hold everyone hostage, and make certain demands; the catch is that if your demand is too outrageous and leave certain other players with no way of winning, they will logically throw the game as well. However, Tim_N’s comment regarding ending a game we worked months on gives me pause – I certainly want to play to the fullest, but not to the extent that it leaves a bad taste for a player.

I really like the design of this game, but I can’t ever imagine playing it with family/physical friends. A simple game of Catan gets tense enough as is.
</meta-game discussion>

Of course, Weyland is probably going to win regardless of what we do.

This is a tense game, but my comments were meant to be taken in character as a rival Corp. As soon as the game ends, even if it’s from your sabotage, I won’t be thinking anything negative about anyone, I hope that was clear. It’s been a good time! You blowing it all up would be an interesting way for it to all end.

With that said, I think given the lack of response it’s time for the game to progress and for you to either follow through on the threat or relent. I have no idea which you’ll pick!

Breking News: Melange Mining closes deal for mining charge warehouse in Central New Angeles?

I think that that you are playing entirely in good faith and the spirit of the game as far as I understand it. This seems like the kind of situation I expected to occur. I often find that, despite my real life soul of radiant love and peace, the moderators conspire to make me Evil in this games. I strongly suggest that you embrace the chance to be a hard bargaining mining consortium kleptocrat that you may not be normally.

I will pitch in another capital too.

Well, I can only offer 3 from HRI and 2 from passing Susan.

Ah good, thanks everyone! The span and time investment in forum games certainly fills me with a sense of higher stakes, so wanted to make sure everyone is cool with moves that would result in literal bodies in our family games night. </meta>

Given the generous promises of support from @Lantz @rho21 @Perky_Goth (bringing us to a 4 capital gap between Melange and Jinteki, my earlier goal, sans grievance) I cannot deny them a chance to see what will happen next. Thank you to my fellow leaders.

That said, this is likely much ado about nothing, since our chances of survival rests on getting a favorable event from the next Unorthodox knowledge … if we get one at all.

4 cards towards counteroffer. @Lantz

1 Capital transferred from @rho21 to @soondifferent. 4 Support noted in favor of the Counter Offer.

@Jorn_Weines please transfer 1 capital from me to @soondifferent too for my part of the agreement.

@rho21 will you be able to counter if @rowe33 spikes in cards for the primary offer? I would rather not end up cardless again.

Done.