NFL 2023

Wilson said in an interview last week when asked that he was “west coast guy” now. I think its pretty clear he would not have accepted that Washington deal. Plus, word is that Seattle wasn’t willing to deal him to a NFC team. So that meant Denver was most likely destination.

I’m not shocked that Wilson has been traded, but I am shocked that they are letting Pete do it. He’s 71. If they rebuild around a rookie then best case scenario is that they are good around the time his contract is up. Makes me wonder if there is another plan here, maybe a trade for a veteran QB. Even dumping Wagner or trading the relatively expensive Lockett still makes that possible as its a good WR draft this year and they got the TE in the deal.

Fuck me. Where’s the Cousins trade?

I hate everything.

Enjoy one more year of dazzling plays followed by equally puzzling terrible decision making.

Local yahoos have dug up a number of stats that do a pretty good job validating the Cousins eye test. Basically he optimizes his play for QBR and similar with things like checking down on third-and-long instead of forcing a tight-window throw that would actually move the chains. Same deal close-and-late: Cousins pads his personal stats with high-percentage throws that don’t actually help his team win.

The best way you could use him would be to design an offense that doesn’t have the traditional outs, so he’s forced to eat a 280-pound werewolf running at 25mph or actually make a damn throw.

Just kidding, he’d fling it 30 yards OB as soon as he got a toe outside the tackle box.

Christ I cannot stand Cousins. I hope he goes to SF so all the Garoppalo haters can understand what it truly is to have a QB who looks good on paper but actually sucks in every way it is possible to suck, on the field and off.

Insert sad trombone sound.

Pretty the Cousins to Seattle trade is nearly ready to be announced.

God I hope not! Not for $35m, anyway. Doesn’t sound like its likely anyway. Current thinking is that Seattle would go after Watson and that Cousins, if he is traded, would go to the Colts. The problem for the Vikings is that as bad as Cousins may be, its not like they are going to find an upgrade anywhere else this year unless you think Jameis or Teddy or Mitch or a rookie is better.

Vikings aren’t going to realistically compete for the division with Rodgers back anyway.

Save me Carolina, you’re my only hope.

(Or Indy, whomever really.)

Say hi to Russell Wilson for me

Dear god, what are you doing Chicago?

What the actual fuck?

Chicago sports teams doing their best to make me not give a shit.

Bulls seem to be somewhat relevant for now.

I don’t mind the Bears trading Mack. No sense keeping him around for a rebuild. But the return for was was pathetic. Poles era not getting off to the best of starts.

Mack is over 30, making premium money, and has been less effective and injured the last two years. Including losing half of last season.

On one side you can say that the injuries held him back and he can be a beast again next year (I personally lean this way) but there’s also a good chance that he is just getting old and isn’t at the same level anymore and will continue to struggle to stay healthy.

I am sad to see him leave but I think that it’s a decent return given the Chargers are taking his whole contract. 17.7M this year and then next year either $22M or $11M dead cap to move on. Hard to see how he has a lot more than a late second worth of value on top of a top of the market salary given his last two years.

I think that it makes a lot of sense for both teams.

I hadn’t realized he was that old. Doesn’t seem too long ago he was a Raider.

I read some more about this and need to correct myself. The Chargers can have Mack for $22M next year but if they cut him they won’t have the $11M dead cap. Spotrac wasn’t updated and I misunderstood.

He’s only a first-ballot Hall of Fame linebacker who has played for your team his entire career. Sigh.

Joe Buck will be signing a big-ticket deal with ESPN and becomes the new voice of Monday Night Football.

Crazy. Fox was probably trying to keep him considering he also did duty on the World Series.

But these announcer salaries are insane