Nintendo Switch

We’re not going to get a Bayonetta 3, are we?

Is that Metroid game for the Switch? The 3DS is a dead system right? Samus’s shoulder pads are way too small. I assume there is an upgrade available to get properly huge shoulders.

New 2D Metroid is exactly what we need after the awfulness of the last 5 years. Thank you, Nintendo. Let’s get a proper Castlevania on the schedule now!

Yeah, everything for the Switch. The 3DS is dead.

It’s not dead in my heart though. I do need to finish Samus Returns.

I’ll never forget the original Advance Wars on the GBA! I sat down one night to finish the final battle…and then proceeded to play through the entire game again in one sitting. It was glorious.

Samus always starts off with small shoulders and get an upgrade later. Don’t worry.

Also, this is the first original 2D Metroid game in almost 20 years (since Metroid Fusion in 2002)! I’m already planning my schedule for the next few months:

1. Zero Mission (remake of Metroid 1)
  2. Samus Returns (remake of Metroid 2)
  3. replay Super Metroid on the Switch?
  4. replay Metroid Fusion?

I’m in for Mario Golf.

I’m in for Super Monkey Ball if it has Monkey Target and no jump button.

And on the obscure side, I’m in for Art of Rally.

Super Monkey Ball should definitely be a wait and see as the recent re-release of the Wii game did not get much good said about it. They have a lot to prove there.

Also, SMB is really tied to the Gamecube controller IMO, so it needs to work with that and I don’t think that’s confirmed.

I’m pretty happy with what they showed today given the pandemic is obviously affecting everything all these companies are doing. Metroid Dread has been spoken about as long as it’s been since they first tried to make it. I’m excited to play that for sure. A new Wario Ware game in the spirit of the originals is also a superb time waster that I will play.

On the Japanese stream, Cave announced Mushihimesama, Espgaluda II, and Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu are all getting Switch ports. Notably, this is the first time Espgaluda II is getting ported since the Japan-only Xbox 360 release eleven years ago.

Out of nowhere, these games are getting English releases as well - Mushihimesama was released today, and is $20 on the US eShop!

Holy smoke! Now that’s news!

What does the Gamecube controller do that the Switch controller doesn’t??

And apparently Charles Martinet is getting more voice work than he’s ever done in any other game!

Octagonal gate. It’s absolutely a major part of why the games have always been better on Gamecube than any other platform. You can lock into the eight directions and know you’re exacting in your controls.

Yeah, the competitive scene is all about the Gamecube controller.

There’s a competitive Super Monkey Ball scene? This I have to see.

Probably speedrunning. The amount of skill you can acquire in that game to lessen your times is insane.

Metroid Dread?

I’ll be in my bunk.

They’re saving it for Tokyo Game Show! ;)

Awesome! I’m so happy that’s releasing this year. It’s been a long time coming.

I feel the Japanese E3 trailer is even cooler:

Treehouse gameplay:

Yeah SMT V finally showing a release date was my highlight, also some indication that it isn’t dead. :)

New 2d Metroid, Breath of the Wild 2 looking awesome, and the cute Zelda handheld were cool too. Yeah it was pretty slim pickings I guess… mostly because they only tend to show titles landing this year and we already knew most of those.