Nintendo Switch

Indeed. Luckily it is on Game Pass/EA Play.

Ecco the Dolphin is a western developed game. Ed Anunziata and Appaloosa Interactive.

Mark Cerny (yes the PlayStation 4 and 5 architect) started Sonic 2 development at Sega Technical Institute. It ended up a collaboration, but is largely considered a western developed game. Much of its development is a mess, but ultimately it was the best of the bunch for most people.

Congrats, it looks awesome!

From the making games thread, Iā€™m assuming you had a programming role? Unity?

Wish you massive success with it! :)

Nope, Iā€™m one of the game directors/designers! I canā€™t really program in any meaningful sense. But, yes, the game was built in Unity!

And thanks for the kind words!

Hey Nintendo fans, got a Pokemon question I hope someone can help me with. My son has beaten Pokemon Shield and is asking if he can get the expansion pass. One thing Iā€™m curious about - I have a Nintendo account, if I buy the DLC on the switch on my account, will he be able to access and play the DLC on his account? Second - looks like the DLC is split in two just like the game is. Iā€™m assuming that if heā€™s playing Pokemon Shield (as opposed to sword) that he needs to buy the Shield expansion and not the Sword expansion. Is that correct, or does it matter?

It has been my experience that, yes, this works. All downloaded games and DLC have worked across all users on my Switch.

I believe, and @Knightsaber would know better than I, that the DLC is a universal SKU. It is just the in game content that is split.

Congrats, will give this a look. I love Peggie!

I just installed the Hori split pad. So far loving it.

It sounds like Shield should buy Shield expansion, yes.

Since there is only one Switch involved, no worries. Things getā€¦ interestingā€¦ if you each had your own Switch.

OK cool, I think I have it all figured out and Iā€™m ready to buy. Or at least I thought I was, holy crap $29.99?? I donā€™t know what I expected but it wasnā€™t that!

So question, is there ways to share digital games across multiple Switches? How easy would it be to explain and set up remotely for a family member who is not as tech savvy?

Basically my nephews are getting a Switch and wanting to know digital or physical games and the prospect of having multiple devices is real for them long term.

Itā€™s possible but a hassle. Physical game cards are easier for that purpose. Donā€™t have to be tech-savvy, but have to be able to follow some steps (my 6-year old handles them with no problem after being shown the first couple times)

Basically, each Nintendo account has one designated ā€œhome Switchā€. That account can play its digital games even while offline, and any other user profiles on the system can share them.

For all other systems, you have to use the Nintendo account that bought the game, and it phones home and checks that the account isnā€™t currently logged in playing on another system.

So the upshot is that if Bob wants to play Aliceā€™s digital game on his Switch, he has to be online and use her user profile, and she has to either not be playing at the moment, or put her Switch in airplane mode to avoid kicking him off.

If you have multiple Switches, get Physical game cards whenever you can. Everything else will just lead to an incredible amount of hassle.

For two Switches, itā€™s convoluted but possible:

Alice sets the Switch in Bobā€™s possession as her ā€œhomeā€ device.

Bob sets the Switch in Aliceā€™s possession has his ā€œhomeā€ device.

Alice can play hers and Bobā€™s games on the Switch in her possession.

Bob can play his and Aliceā€™s games on the Switch in his possession.

I leave how or if it can scale up for 3 or people as an exercise for the reader.

Yeah, itā€™s way worse than sharing on Playstation or Xbox. Really sucks considering how much Nintendo wants multi-Switch households to happen.

Well they want multi Switch, with multi game copies. Never enough!

Unless Alice or Bob want to play Splatoon 2 or any other games that donā€™t have cloud saves and require them to play on their ā€œhomeā€ device.

That only matters if Bob and Alice are going to be swapping back and forth between devices and want their save data to follow them around. You absolutely can play (in general, there may be weirdness with specific titles) games that donā€™t support cloud save on your non-ā€œhomeā€ device.

Bob and Alice came a long way. At a better time in history, they were used to explain general relativity, black holes, quantum erasers and now they are desperately needed to explain Nintendos digitial licensing nonsenseā€¦

Sounds like it works the same as it does with Steam?