Nintendo Switch

Spelunky games are the hardest games I’ve ever played. I would not recommend those to anyone but the most masochistic personalities.

Oh, come on!

… wait, I’m exceptionally masochistic, nevermind.

Finally, been waiting for a sale on the Switch. Thank you!

Games I bagged this sale:

Hades
Tetris Effect
Grindstone
SNK 40th Anniversary
Super Bomberman R
Sega Ages: Columns II
Mark of the Ninja: Remastered
Arcade Classics: Anniversary Collection
Shovel Knight: Pocket Dungeon
Pikuniku

Stuff that was on sale that I’ve wishlisted for later:

Cadence of Hyrule
Katamari Damacy Reroll
Dodgeball Academia
Lonely Mountain Downhill
Puzzle Quest: The Legend Returns
Atari Flashback Classics
Psikyo Collection Alpha + Bravo

So far all I play are retro games on this thing!

Hades is fun.

I love that game so much! I should go back to it someday, I finished it, but I didn’t really finish it.

I picked up Diablo 3 on sale. Turns out, it’s pretty good!

People recommend to try Spelunky 1 before Spelunky 2. I own Spelunky 1 on PC but couldn’t get that deep into it, maybe I will on NS. Got it for spare change.

I also previously got Rogue Legacy for cheap but I don’t really like it. Streets of Rogue are cool though, don’t regret buying it on NS after having on PC.

I enjoyed freeware Spelunky, couldn’t get too deep in the remake (I didn’t even finish a run once!) and I’m enjoying the second game, although I won’t clear it either I am guessing. The hardcoded time limit per level in those games make it quite unfair to people who can’t do multiple things at once. It’s a decision they made that I regret in both games, but I am guessing they found their game too easy if not time pressured.

I’ve never clicked with Spelunky (old or new), but I love the 2009 ‘Cave’ theme:

Yeah the freeware version’s tunes were wonderful, it’s sad they changed them.

My fully charged joycons lost connection after 99% of the controller update applied but checking for updates after it reconnected says everything is up to date. Anyone else run into this before?

Sorry rei, no answers from me on that. I haven’t used my joycons since I switched the Pro Controller.

The Joycons here look nice, but I don’t like the look of the Pro Controller.

I played this version too and this theme is stuck in my brain too.

Have to report that Switch version of Spelunky 1 plays great. Consider it!

Aw man, I have a Splatoon 2 Pro controller and that looks sweet too.

Faeria looked neat, so when it was 75% off I went to buy it - and I found some sort of all inclusive crazy bundle with ALL the content was on sale from $90 to $22. I grabbed it. No idea what I’m in for - anyone play this? Did I just throw twenty bucks away?

You know, I’d actually forgotten that the Switch wasn’t purely a handheld system.

I’m also curious about Faeria!

It’s a very good Hearthstone-like with hex board movement. I’ve played the original on the PC and apparently it has cross play now. I see a lot of reviews saying the game is “dead” but I don’t know the truth of that. I’m curious how well it plays on the switch with touch controls.

I can’t pony up for a brand new Switch, but man I would love if those Joycons were available separately!!!