Nintendo Switch

For Faeria, I wonder if the Premium edition might be a better deal. It’s $10 CDN less but doesn’t come with DLC like all the avatars and cardbacks and wells and orbs unlocked. That’s something I could probably live without.

Thanks! What’s it like single-player? Is it even solo friendly?

i too grabbed it because one review said it had tons of single-player content, so I’m excited.

I got Wreckless on Switch. Good port, but it is 30 fps. That’s normally a deal breaker for me on a driving game, but the mayhem kinda makes up for it.

Oh i was curious about that. Since i play all my games at 30fps, and the game felt more like little bites than take a while a whole course of it to me, I’ll grab it someday.

Oh that’s impressive. Sounds like they’ve done a good job with the port:

The year of Kirby continues.

This looks good, except it will make me too hungry for sweets and snacks if I played it.

Coming this summer?

Blasphemous is heavily discounted rn, well worth checking out if you like 2D “souls like” or metroidvania or whatever. So so platforming, very stylish.

For some reason I thought the Nintendo eShop was curated to a degree:

You can’t have been paying much attention if you thought that…

I’d love it if they would at least limit the amount games can go on sale in the eShop so there isn’t always 1200 different shovelware games clogging up the Deals view.

Agreed! Scrolling through page after page of just utter crap in order to find the actual gems is so unnecessary.

That’s why I keep it simple with the eShop. If I hear of any games that are exclusive to the Switch (no PC version, no other console version), I add it to my wishlist. And any time there’s a sale, I check my wishlist. It’s not a long list. Most stuff is also on PC at the very least.

Even without all the shovelware, it’s painful to slowly scroll and have to wait several seconds for the next batch of games to load in. Just stick with DekuDeals and don’t even try to browse on the Switch itself.

And yet, it’s heaven compared to the Xbox store’s infinite layers of hell.
The working search function sure is a big plus.

Why not games on other platforms? I love having access to things like slay the spire or Spelunky 2 on the Switch! Right now I’m playing through dragon quest 11 and it’s sublime!

Agreed. Lots of little indie games especially are best on the Switch due to portability.

I use the Switch only as home console. I have no use cases for a handheld.

So true. It still amazes me how bad search is on Xbox.

I use wishlists on all the storefronts now. One of the best things Sony ever did was they deleted my wishlist that one time when they overhauled their store. That saved me so much money!

In case you weren’t aware of the website check out DekuDeals - You can add and curates wish list for Nintendo games on the switch, and get alerts when those games are on sale from various outlets such as the E shop or Walmart or Best Buy or what have you.

Sorry for my lack of familiarity, I had a Switch at launch briefly but have been without one again until spring of this year. Hated that the eShop purchase history stayed trapped by each machine.

I may have misremembered that the eShop had much less shovelware than PSN or Xbox.

Oh no, the xbox store just made it harder to see anything!
But on the lack of curation, the Xbox one blows the Switch’s out of space. junkware, fake games, offensive titles, copyright violations, you call it, they have it aplenty. It’s been one of my hobits the past few weeks, there are some adorable ones.
Like this one, one of my favourites: Super Mariott Land

Screen Shot 5

If anything, the Switch store got a lot more actual good little unbeknowst games going (I’ll cite Ankh Guardian, Kadobat Wars, Membrane, Elliot Quest, Ninjin: Slash of Carrots off of my head, but there are so many others) that I was too quick to stash as trashware because they were part of the same publishers spamming tons of deals every week.
Half-full store it is!