Nintendo Switch

Hmm so it resembles until Microsoft Windows Phone Store that for a while paid devs by the number submitted regardless of quality?

This made me laugh out loud.

Screenshot_20220716-003104

What a deal! (But seriously, I might pick this up.)

Man I wish the eShop had features to manage the wish list better and basic thing like removing game from it if you bought. Instead it stays on the wish list and you can’t sort it.

Buying Nintendo online individual subscription and Tetris 99 IAP is $37.58 vs 39.99 for the bundle and Nintendo doesn’t discount (Steam’s bundle completion discount) or even warn if you accidentally re-buy something. Grrr. Or if something is cheaper as part of a bundle.

The Show 22 is a free play for the next four days. As much as you want, no restrictions.
I’m a huge Super Mega Baseball fan but this one is fun too. My first time with the series.

Into the Breach gets a huge free update today and it’s also on sale. The price is not the lowest ever, but it’s unlikely it will go lower any time soon.

It’s such a bizarre omission, right? I would love seeing a notification when a game on your wishlist went on sale on the home screen as I don’t check the store regularly.

I haven’t played Into the Breach in years but fired it up today on the sofa (it was the hottest day ever recorded in the UK so my upstairs PC room was a furnace) and while playing ‘Update data downloaded’ popped up. Sweet, perfect timing!

I bounced off Xenoblade 2 when I tried it on the Switch a few years ago, the chaotic/manual combat wasn’t my cup of tea, but I have to admit this trailer pushed me into at least “will buy if reviews are hot enough” territory - it looks really good, could be RPG of the year stuff even.

I’ve got little to add to the Wreckless hype around here, it’s terrific. I’m still going thru the single player and the mayhem is on another level. Deeply frustrating and satisfying moments.

I was banging cars side by side in a fight for the lead, and I pushed my opponent right into an oncoming car. Just beautiful.

What is Wreckless?

Deadline means Wreckfest.

Glad you’re enjoying it Deadline! It can be frustrating, mostly because of the suicidally aggressive AI, but for me that keeps every race exciting and unpredictable. The multiplayer, at least on PC, is also a blast.

Holy God I’m losing it. The game is lodged as Wreckless in my scarce synapses.

I’m very excited for the release next week! XC is easily one of my favourite series. There was a really positive Eurogamer preview the other week, written after 10 hours of play - i.e., still in the tutorial really… ;)

Ever-so-slight possibly spoiler-ish bit blurred out:

If you’re a returning fan, know this: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 takes the best bits of the preceding games, folding in a fascinating evolution of Xenoblade Chronicles 2’s broad and brilliant combat, the more defined fantasy of the original (and ditching some of the more embarrassing anime excesses) and some of the more open-ended elements of Xenoblade Chronicles X

My Switch wouldn’t come on today.

Pro Controller couldn’t switch it on, so I tried detaching the blue and pink thingies on the side, and they wouldn’t switch it on either.

I connected them to the switch again, hooked up the pro controller to the charging cable and tried again. Finally I noticed that the little screen on the Switch itself (not the TV) was displaying a dead battery symbol.

The thing never really looks like it’s properly docked since there’s no “click”, so to speak, so I just adjusted it back and forth.

We’ll, it still wouldn’t switch on but at least the dead battery symbol had a little lightning symbol next to it. So maybe I just needed to wait?

I guess this is the difference between this console and others. I can’t just plug and play. I have wait for it to get charged again if it ever gets dislodged.

We played the cat game on the PS4 for about 20 minutes then tried again and it worked. Phew. Thank the Lord.

There should be a click, actually, when you dock it properly. At least there is one on my old Switch. You got an OLED one?

When it’s docked you should be seeing the battery status briefly.

OLED Switch here.

@Scotch_Lufkin , I see. So that battery status only pops up when you’re in the proper place? Good to know.

Yeah, and it should feel like it has “settled” into the correct place, if that makes sense. But the battery indicator is what I go with.

When I haven’t used it in a while I sometimes need to leave my switch plugged in for hours just to get it to acknowledge it’s battery is dead and it needs to recharge. It’s as passive aggressive as the Animal Crossing Villagers I’ve neglected.