No Man's Sky - Exploring a 60s-Scifi-cover themed universe (post-release thread)

Your understanding is correct. At the end of Artemis, you travel through portals to a totally different part of the NMS universe and where you end up depends on a choice you make during the process.

You can have both Artemis and Atlas going on at once. Finishing one will not hinder the ability to finish the other, although both will change your location in the universe when seen through to the very end of the quest line.

Probably the nanites. =(

So finishing either quest locks you out of ever joining up with those dudes at the Galactic Hub? Are they even still a thing?

Another patch just came in, 1.56.

Nope you’re not locked out. And yes, I think they are still at it trying to build a community. Most of those guys likely have both quests finished. Basically all finishing either quest does is fling you to a different part of the universe, but you still can head towards the Galactic Core. In fact, you could end up closer to it if the RNG throws you into the right system on the other side of your black hole or portal adventure.

I wonder if 1.56 is PS4 specific? The “fix” for pre-NEXT saves being able to access the Base Computer Archives quests was already in 1.55 for PC players, as my pre-NEXT character has been doing them since the patch.

No word on the NMS subreddit about that 1.56 patch that I can see.

Found this, though someone said the link in the original post looks sketchy. Someone pasted the patch notes below into the comments though. Don’t know if it’s accurate.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/979457/156_patch_notes/e46daki

With regards to your answer on the Atlas path:

If you follow the atlas path, are you forced to a new galaxy or is optional? I do not want to follow that path and when have to start over with a base and other things again.

So I’m progressing slowly compare to you folks. Finally found and ‘purchased’ a wrecked ship. I repaired the pulse drive. Where can I sell it? I can’t summon it to space stations. Sorry for the stupid question.

I do not think you can. I think it sits on your freighter waiting to be fixed. You can only trade it in when buying a new ship.

I don’t have a freighter. :P

Jump to a few systems. An opportunity will pop up to rescue one. You get your first one free.

My first one was kind of crappy. I wonder if I failed to rescue it, if the next one would have been better.

Can you summon it to a spot on the planet e.g.your base? Worked for me though I now have a freighter.

My progress in game has stopped as I’m away on holidays, but looking forward to picking it up again.

Yeah. But that only works in system, right? For further travel I would need a freighter?

I’d spare myself a lot of hassle and fly it to a trading post. If you fly there in your good ship, drop down to the surrounding terrain, and summon the rescue ship there from the quick menu “summon other ships” command. Then hop in and fly it on up to a pad on the trading post platform. Then wait for a suitable ship you like to land, and trade the mostly busted ship + money for the NPC’s ship.

Thanks. Very appreciated.

Has anyone noticed if there are any merchants / stations that sell lots of carbon / compressed carbon? I have been looking around for it for a little while and I have not seen it for sale.

What is up with people wanting to buy carbon? The stuff is all over the place and easy to mine from plants or carbon crystals. Far quicker than hunting for merchants I would think.

I used to see it for sale when NEXT first released but I haven’t seen it in several updates. Maybe they removed it?

You can just decline it after the fight and look for a better free one in the next freighter battle. Or reload before the battle and try again.

Because I want like 5000 compressed carbon. That is a lot of trees and plants to mine.
Why do I want that much compressed carbon? Most of the high valued manufacturing recipes require components made from the stuff.

Once I get the recipe for nitrogen salts, Ill have all the recipes I need to crank out super-conductors. That is going to require a tun of compressed carbon.

It seems like they want you to use the large refiner in order to get lots of compressed carbon.

• Condensed Carbon x1 + Oxygen x2 = Condensed Carbon x6
  • Carbon x2 + Oxygen x2 = Condensed Carbon x5

You should be able to make a LOT of compressed carbon pretty quickly using those. The Oxygen you can buy.

So how do you get the medium and large refinery? find blueprints?