No Man's Sky - Exploring a 60s-Scifi-cover themed universe (post-release thread)

I haven’t gotten them either yet, but I suspect that it involves spending buried tech on silly things (lamps, decorations and stuff) clogging up the slots in the blueprint analyzer, because it only has a limited number of slots. Maybe someone can confirm.

That will be useful to know. How does one find these recipes? Just try stuff out in game? I know about the wiki and all, but I was wondering if there was an in game mechanic for that.

Yes, they nerfed (maybe greatly reduced?) metals and common elements available via trade.

No, you get it pretty early from doing the base quests with the Overseer.

As far as I know, yes.

The NMS wiki at gamepedia.com is being kept up to date and is my go-to for that kind of info:

No Man’s Sky Wiki

Latest changes on Experimental (15/08):
  • Fixed an issue that prevented planets from being added to the Discovery timeline when exiting certain ship models

• Fixed an issue that prevented players from using the Pulse Engine to escape between waves of Sentinel space fighters

• Fixed an issue that could cause base NPC workers to become unresponsive after moving / deleting your base

• Substantially increased the length of time fuel lasts in the hydroponic trays

• Fixed a crash related to creatures

• Fixed a crash related to terrain generation

• Fix for an issue with PC shader compilation when the game is first booted which would occasionally result in a crash

• Various performance improvements

• Various improvements to load times (approximately 5-10% improvement to Warp times, 30% improvement to initial game load)

• Fix to shader generation to boost performance on lower spec PCs

• Fixed an issue that incorrectly limited the number of storage containers that could be built on the freighter

• Fixed an issue that could prevent construction in the freighter base

• Fixed an issue that could cause the ‘Nearby buildings’ scan on the signal booster to fail

• Fixed an issue that prevented exploration-focussed frigates from charging their scanners

• Fixed an issue that prevented damaged frigates from being completely repaired

• Fixed an issue where players could start their game in inappropriate systems when starting in multiplayer

• Marked icons are now automatically cleared on arrival at the marked target

• Fixed a number of cases where the HUD would prompt to mark icons that did not need marking

• Improved target locking for ship PvP

• Improved the appearance of HUD markers on player ships

• Fixed a number of visual issues around using the Analyser Visor in very specific circumstances

• Improved the mapping of the Steam Controller

• Removed an obsolete building product from the blueprint analyser

• Combat music now triggers when fighting biological horrors

• Slightly increased the damage dealt by biological horrors

• Fixed an issue that could cause expedition rewards to artificially increase after save/loading

• Fixed an issue where the Personal Forcefield could be deployed on 0% charge

• Fixed an issue where the Mining Beam and other weapon effects displayed the wrong colour in multiplayer

• Fixed an issue where the screen on the Multi-Tool would display the wrong ammo count for the Blaze Javelin

• Fixed an issue where the Multi-Tool was invisible in Photo Mode

• Fixed an issue where the Personal Forcefield would remain in-world forever when cycling Alt Weapon modes

• Fixed an issue where meleeing while sprinting could cause an animation glitch

• Improved the appearance of clouds in 4K/1440p modes

• Visual improvements made to some exotic biomes

• Visual improvements made to the space station technology merchants

• Increased the visibility of underground toxic hazards

• Visual improvements to buried technology modules

Once you get a recipe chain to build something like super conductors, you can rake in the cash. Yesterday, in a few hours I made 120+ million units.

It seems that the gas you need is only sold on space stations from landing ships in wealthy systems.

The O2 + Compressed carbon trick worked wonderfully. To bad there isn’t a hopper system. It is still a very manual processes to load the refiners to multiply your compressed carbon. I suppose what I would want next from NMS is a min-mega factory system, that and diversified biomes on planets.

Well…

Yes, you are forced at the end to either choose a new type of galaxy (Artemis) or go through a black hole (Atlas) both of which will end in you “awakening” in a totally different location a long way from where you were previously. BUT…

…the good news is that it’s possible you’ll like your new digs a whole lot better. When I finished Artemis, the choice I made landed me in a galaxy where there are a bunch of wealthy, low-conflict systems with far more high-resource paradise planets than I was seeing in my old part of the universe. It’s been fantastic. You are also able to summon your freighter AND rebuild your base wherever you like by calling it forth from the “archives” on the base computer. So essentially you lose nothing by moving to a new part of the universe.

I guess Ill never do the Atlas path then. Ill just stick to the Artemis path and pick the tranquil galaxy type.
Ill just have to stock up on a bunch of resources before doing it. I hear your stuff gets wrecked.

I assume my waypoints / discovered systems get wiped too. IE: I can’t teleport to my old base.

As long as they didn’t change it, you can never go back to a previous galaxy. You lost your base and all your equipment was temporarily damaged in the process. And since most players will remain in the starting (Euclid) galaxy, moving isn’t very tempting. Maybe you can go back with multiplayer? Perhaps joining some random dude’s game and setting up a base in his game will let you go back to Euclid?

I finished Atlas a few days ago. Went through a black hole. Dropped a base marker, then returned back to my original base. I have no idea if it was a new Galaxy, and I have no idea how far away I was from my original base. I’ve had no reason to go back, because I don’t really know what the point is of going there rather than just flying to other nearby planets.

So no way to turn off markers for things like monoliths that you already visited?

Not that I’ve discovered. Would definitely be a useful thing with knowledge stones, cargo drops and such.

Huh. Just found a planet of type “[REDACTED]”. It was a 99.9999% water world, very rare tiny islands being the only land, usually not able to see one while standing on another. Nothing useful there, no interesting weather, and just normal sentinels. During my brief time there I found no buildings or installations whatsoever.

Has anyone noticed that ships on space stations are no longer selling gas? I have been in a few rich systems and not a single ship now is selling this nitrogen / radeon / sulferion.

I bought a bunch of all that yesterday in a station, but not from ships. I got it from the station’s trade terminals. There are 2 in each station. The one by the portal didn’t have the gas I needed but I checked the one on the other side and it did have it.

Ill have to check that tomorrow. Yesterday I was buying it from ships and the terminals near the portal. Today there is nothing. Since posting this question, I did find some steam posts about this, and a lot of people are upset at this nerf.

Unless there is a lot to be had at that 2nd terminal, they just killed the manufacturing economy. Gas processors take 60 min to fill a tank at 250 units. You can only have 3 per world. Now if you could have as many as you wanted, it would not be so bad.

While I like the game, there are many directions I disagree with the game design. Mostly its all the grind that is in the game.

I have the GOG version and am still on 1.55. If they nerfed this in 1.56, I may not update for a while.

So I finally set up a proto-base with cylindrical room and all that on a Paradise planet named Ehra that has mild climate, no storms, abundant flora and fauna (although I can’t seem to find more than 6 out of 10 of them), but for the life of me I CANNOT find a trading post on the damn thing, and it’s generally boring AF as the kids say. It does have lots of copper to mine. For now I’ve set up my proto-base next to a transmission tower.

BTW, my cylindrical room is on a round floor/platform which raises its level above the ground itself. I can’t seem to find a metal ramp/stairs small enough to make it easy to just walk/run in, so I have to use the jetpack. There is a metal ramp available to build but it’s huge. What am I missing?

There are several ladders for the cylindrical rooms. I use the central ladder one when stacking one of those rooms on top of another. Maybe one of those ladders will work for you?