No Man's Sky - Exploring a 60s-Scifi-cover themed universe (post-release thread)

Love that hauler! I might go after that exotic, if it’s not too many jumps.

Not sure if anyone shared these yet. Ideal equipment adjacency configurations:

Exosuit General Inventory, Exosuit Technology

Technology Configuration Chart

Nice ship, mate. Are you going for the perfect freighter next?

OK, is there a guide somewhere on how to interpret that location identifier string that the signal booster shows? I assume it just shows which planet and system or something and not the latitude and longitude.

Use this: https://pahefu.github.io/pilgrimstarpath/

It’s way too many jumps for me at the moment, so I’ll pass. But thanks for the heads-up!

That is a nice hauler. Where do you find coords for those? I’ve seen a (very) few mentioned on the wiki, but none as cool as that hauler.

Thanks! Probably not. I have an A-Class 30 slot Battleship style (the long segmented ones, not the Star Destroyer ones) freighter that I really like the look of. I got lucky as it was the first freighter I rescued, so it was my freebie. I still rescue any freighter in need, so I suppose I would trade up if I lucked into an A or S Class “perfect” freighter, but I won’t go looking for one. I may go Exotic hunting at some point though, as I don’t really need any other “regular” ships besides my hauler at this point.

Thanks! I found lots of coordinates on Reddit.

The key is that once you’ve found a system with the style of ship you want, you need a lot of patience. If you see plenty of C/B class in the style you like, and an occasional A Class 46/6 or 47/8 in the style you want, be patient. You can try reloading the game, which will reset all the ships in the system (just their class/slots configuration, not the ship styles) a couple of times as well. Allow about 30 minutes at a Trading Post to be able to review the majority of ships in the system, then reload if you’re not seeing the class/slot combo you desire.

Time saving tip, you can scan a ship (on the ground and in the air) with your visor and it will tell you all the ship’s info, so you can quickly see which ones to ignore without needing them to land or talk to the pilots.

What I need now is nanites. I’ve taken on a couple of space station agent quests that have nanite rewards, but man, it’s boring collecting 2700 nanites 10-30 at a time (from the data objects, broken machines and nanite terminals scattered around). I think I will go back to my journey to the galactic hub and just trust that I will find nanites along the way. My next personal goals are finding/exploring the hub and then moving to another galaxy and starting a base there to explore outwards from.

Remember, refine platinum for nanites.

FFFUUUU…I completely forgot about that! You are the man @RichVR!

I’m currently sitting in some wealthy systems, where Platinum is for sale on the terminals. I also just passed through a system with a dead planet that I’m pretty sure had Platinum deposits. Also, IIRC, Tritium, which is cheap in most systems, refines to Platinum as well. Oh, and just now while looking up ratios I saw that Runaway Mold also refines to nanites, and is much cheaper to buy off alien traders than Platinum.

Soo…
250 Tritium = 50 Platinum = 10 Nanites
250 Platinum = 50 Nanites
250 Runaway Mould = 50 Nanites
250 of any goop/slime/viscous fluid = 250 Runaway Mould = 50 Nanites

I know what I am doing tonight! =)

Happy to be of some small assistance. :)

I swear ya’ll a playing a different game than me. All I can seem to do is bounce around planets and scan things. These base quests and stuff aren’t available to me.

Holy shit. I had no idea. This is amazing.

In your quest list, do you have the Awakenings quest? This is a continuation of the step-by-step guide at the very start of the game where it had you collecting resources and repairing your ship and whatnot. If you continue to do as instructed by that quest line, you will eventually end up exploring a freighter crash site. Interacting with the distress beacon at the crash site will reveal blueprints for both the Terrain Manipulator for your multi-tool and the Base Computer, used to establish a base site.

Find a planet that doesn’t have overly hostile conditions and establish a base by placing your base computer. Once that is down, a new quest line to build and populate your base will appear. Follow that to open additional tasks, and you will be rewarded with more blueprints and materials that are essential for advancing in the game.

Over the weekend I expanded and redesigned my base to support 24 biodomes, because 6 wasn’t cutting it. Equally divided between Frostwort, Solanium, Star Bulb, Cactus, Gamma Weed and Coprite. Moved the new domes down to the ground, because f*** ladders. I’m super happy with the new design, will post screenshots tonight.

I did make a base with a single room, but after that, it didn’t really give me more options.

I only have the missions to bounce between Polo and whoever every 2 hours.

Maybe I should just restart. There has been 10 different patches since then.

Sometimes you have to literally select a different mission category in the log interface, and then switch back and select the base mission thingy, in order to get it to start giving you prompts and tasks again.

Try warping to another system at least two times. When you complete Awakenings, regardless of the choice you make at the last part, the mission disappears from your quest log. After warping once or twice to new systems, you will receive a communications signal in your ship. Answer that signal, and the quest “Alone Amidst the Stars” will begin.

As for your base, if you constructed a Cylindrical Room for your base, you should have received the blueprint for a Construction Terminal. Build the Construction Terminal inside that Cylindrical Room, and you should receive a quest to populate the terminal with a Gek Overseer. You can find him on a nearby space station. Once the Overseer is in place, you will launch the rest of the base-related quests by speaking with him at his terminal inside your base.

ahh maybe that’s it, I didn’t make a cylindrical room. Just 4 walls and door.

Pro tip: keep digging up salvaged tech and redeeming it for blueprints in the scanner, even for things you find silly and useless, because otherwise useful and important things won’t appear there in the list.

Regarding the blueprint scanner, I also noticed early on that a whole bunch of unlockable blueprints are hidden from view, and can’t be unlocked until the last one in the visible list is unlocked.

Random question: has anyone else had the experience of an autonomous mining unit getting some other resource? For some reason my phosphorous miner started pulling up copper, the other day.

Found my first Exotic! Not a lot of cargo space, but 8m was a steal. Location is DAYMI:0DCF:0086:0446:0154, although I forget if they keep spawning after purchase.