No Man's Sky - Exploring a 60s-Scifi-cover themed universe (post-release thread)

How are they still releasing free updates? It’s freaking nuts what they have done with this game.

I’m curious what being on Gamepass has done for their sales at all. I for example would have never got this game but after playing on Gamepass I’ll be for sure buying it on Steam. I’m still surprised they haven’t released any of this as paid DLC though.

Oh I know, I’ve put in hundreds of hours over the years! :)

Also new expedition coming soon.

EXPEDITION: THE BLIGHTED

• Expedition Six, The Blighted, will begin soon.
  • The Blighted expedition will take players on a treasure hunt across a distant galaxy as they trace the routes of these mysterious pirates.
  • The Blighted expedition offers the chance to earn an exclusive starship trail; pirate-themed base decorations; your own personal wayward cube/Geoff; a unique cape customisation, and much more besides.

Full patch notes here: Outlaws Update - No Man's Sky

The cape is cool for a couple of minutes, otherwise I prefer the normal backpack.

The space pirates are awful. Beware. If you start it, you’re going to be attacked non-stop until you finish. Not sure if that’s a bug or not, but yikes.

Yeah, I’ve seen other complain about the constant pirates. I might hold off for a bit for things to get worked out.

As long as you hang out in low conflict systems it seems to be fine right now. But high conflict non-pirate systems still have tons of planetary attacks that make base building and most surface exploring not worth it.

Although I do wonder if I could simply work on an inside portion of my base and ignore the attacks? They don’t actually destroy anything do they?

I did see rumors of a patch coming down soon that will ease up on the pirate attacks.

I have just started this again and am having terrible performance. it’s really judderey and cant seem to hold a decent frame rate regardless of settings.

Done a search and not found much, wondered if anyone had an ideas? Running an Omen 17 with a 2070 in.

Using a 35" ultrawide in 1440p or 1080p the performance is pretty much the same

I wish there where something more for me to do in this game. I guess I will wait for the next expedition or expanion, these are fun.

in Steam people can play the next patch using the “3xperimental” build, on that build that and other things are already toned down

Try your luck in the NMS discord. Great community, much better than most discords. I see that kind of issue get attention & resolution almost daily.

Yeah, I feel the same. While I really appreciate all the hard work from HG and the impressive number of updates, I’m still waiting for them to actually deepen the game. I’m not holding my breath on that, though.

I noticed this in VR too. Much worse than when I played the last Expedition.

Expedition 6 is SO much better than expedition 5. Really no annoying parts.

Some tips for the expedition:

• For the red star step, you don’t have to take your freighter. Using your regular starship will satisfy it
  • For the gravitino balls step, you have to get them in the wild on a planet that has aggressive sentinels. Homegrown balls won’t work

Decided to try NMS again and thought I’d just do the expedition. Played 2-3 hours this morning and went on to continue and apparently it never saved this morning, so I lost all 2-3 hours of progress.

I definitely triggered save states as in the process I landed on several star ships, saved a freighter, landed on said freighter, got the freighter rewards, then got back in my ship and exited again before quitting.

Frustrating.

It does not save on the freighter, I had the same issue, Annoying

Just to be totally clear, did you confirm that you actually owned the freighter, before entering and exiting your starship and then quitting out?

So I didn’t lose hours (it just seemed like it from the station it loaded me into). But yes I lost a good 30 minutes or so.

When I went and warped into the next system again, saved and landed on the freighter I did notice it didn’t say “restore point saved”. So maybe I didn’t get back in and out of my ship after I owned the freighter (although I’m pretty sure I did). Who knows, I probably got in my ship and then forgot I had to leave my ship to actually save.

So now I’m caught back up but it’s 2022, why does it not just auto save at every event that occurs like every other game.

Saving in freighters you don’t own isn’t allowed, which is why I was wondering if you were sure you owned it. If you did own it, I’m not sure how/why the game wouldn’t have saved. Could be be a cloud save issue, I suppose.