No Man's Sky - Exploring a 60s-Scifi-cover themed universe (post-release thread)

Great, now how do we get back down?

Another funny thing like this is if you had a big hauler ship and landed in a trading post, you used to leave the cockpit immediately and since the ship is so large, you fell past the landing pad for a very damaging fall. Now you don’t leave the cockpit automatically, but you’re still in for a fall if you don’t soften it with the jetpack.

Some great shots there!

FYI , thamium9 can be found easily in asteroids.

It was the bane of my existence for the last 2 hours till I googled it. Every planet I was landing on had almost zero supply.

Got a 32 slot explorer ship now, spent all of my money repairing it and opening slots. Inventory space is a must for quality of life improvement, heh.

Have to work on my exosuit next, 14 slots isn’t enough!

Sounds like you found something interesting - it’s all about the slots!

Thanks!

That ship exiting bug I mentioned hit me big time tonight. I landed at a trading post on a super hot planet and when I got out of my ship, I was instantly propelled into the air hundreds of feet up and flying away from the area at a tremendous speed, sans ship, method of propulsion unknown. I realized that so long as I remained in the air, I would continue to travel, as my momentum was clearly steady, so I used my jetpack to ride whatever it was that was propelling me and gradually moved towards the ground. At about the 1000 yards away from my ship mark I finally got close enough to the ground to touch it, and was able to slow my flight at last. Then, just as I landed, a big storm hit. This being a super hot planet to begin with, and me being a 6 minute walk from my ship and the trading post, I died within a minute and respawned at my ship.

Yeah the ship helped a lot in giving me a goal. Also once I figured out how the planet scanners worked has been a big help.

This still happens since you are still automatically ejected from your ship whenever you land on a pad or by a device that calls your ship or any other spot that doesn’t cost you Plutonium to take off. I had a hauler for a while and it would pitch me right over the rail at trading posts. I got used to using my jetpack to break my fall and prevent injury.

I wonder if the issue @barstein is having is due to the size/configuration of the ship he has. It might not happen anymore if he switched ships.

I’m assuming this issue is easily fixable by adjusting minimum platform size, so perhaps we’ll see that in a hotfix coming soon?

OK, so I futzed around with this last night for about a half-hour and managed to fix my suit’s scanner (with carbon?) and recharge my multitool (with plutonium) and also fix something else that I can’t remember (with iron, as I recall). Around when should I interact with the thing that has the red ball in it right near my starting ship? Right away?

Playing on Normal for now.

Sure, if you’d like. At least before you take off - it triggers a quest line.

PS - say “Yes” to activating the beacon

So now I installed the latest patch. As I said earlier, all planets were reshuffled. So my base changed from this:

To this:

So, all in all, not too much of a change. Some people had it much worse. Nevertheless, I left that place to set up on the center of the galaxy to find another player’s base and help others do the same for that final elusive trophy.

The new place is a real piece of crap. It’s too cold all the time, except during storms where it’s scorching hot. Plus, you lose some materials if you switch base without disassembling objects manually. There’s also things I can’t build again because I lost a bunch of blueprints the new patch modified. Oh well, not too many regrets, I have 100% trophies and I did everything I set out to do.

Yeah, you don’t have to go wandering all over the place looking for the silly flowers. And they’re not the weird-shaped asteroids, either. There’s like, I dunno, maybe a 15% chance that a random iron-type explosive asteroid really has thaumium instead.

So what are the better exosuit and ship upgrades to look for, now? Trying to avoid wikis and such.

I have started over got as far as getting 1 warp cell but it says i need to create more any suggestions for more antimatter also simple way to make cash as i am skint

I’m looking for environmental tech so that I can stay outside longer on toxic, cold, hot planets. Extended sprint and jetpack is nice too.

Just a tip for tech components especially for your ship and multi tool. There is an adjacency bonus for placing related items next to each other. You will see a colored border enclose the adjacent items. You can get a positive modifier to the overall system effect by positioning the components next to each other in your general inventory. I’m not sure but I don’t think you can get the adjacency bonus for components in your “tech” slots so you might want to you one off or unique techs there. Still trying to figure this out again myself.

You can fly around to waypoints and open the green boxes next to the waypoint markers for items that are worth 20-30k on average.

It’s a bit tedious (can also be therapeutically relaxing) but find a planet with emeril and then fill up your cargo hold with it. Sell it at a trade station. You will only be able to really do this once for the system as the price for emeril will nosedive. But you can make 500+k for a half hour of work…better than most of those forum posts you always read offering the same thing and you won’t get scammed. :)

Not sure if they changed that, but barren planets, the ones with no waypoints or bases or anything, have huge bunches of Thamium9. I collected 2000-3000 units in a few minutes with an exocraft, enough to make lots of warp cells.