Out of the Park Baseball 19 - The quest for the Perfect Team

Does anyone know the playoff structure? It looks like there are two wildcards – does that mean those two have a one-game playoff to advance?

Yes .

Now that I have two teams, I regret choosing “Yastrzemski” and “Carl_Yastrzemski” as my login IDs! The game remembers one but not two logins. Lots of weird consonants to type!

Be proud of any of your teams leading, though yow, that is quite a division!

I got Puig off of the AH for this season, started horribly for the first two and a half months but is now around .260 with 14 HR so hopefully Judge will improve.

Too bad Marc Rzepczynski never pitched for the Sox, lol

My diamond team is continuing its slump, going 2-7 so far in July and now sitting at 56-61 when they were 5 above .500 before this.

I wonder if there is an achievement for a player winning the triple crown. I doubt it is going to happen, but my Bill Skowron is currently 3rd in avg. (-.010), third in homers (-4), 2nd in rbi (-4). The 2 guys in front of him for average are both on my team and I’ll totally make them drop out of the race if it means I get a bunch of pp for a triple crown.

The Triple Crown would be cool. I’m rooting for Skowron!

My Bronze team is 2 games out of first place, and hanging in there for a wildcard slot. SP Larry Dieker is going great guns.

My team is on pace for 93-94 wins, unfortunately they are still sitting 4 games out of the divison and 2 1/2 out of the wild card. Hopefully one of teams in front of me cools off a bit so I can pass them.

Also, solo homer by Skowron last game moves him just 3 back in homers and rbis :) If he gets much closer I’ll make it so Ichiro only bats against lefties so his average starts to fall.

After clawing back to five hundred at 47-47 we slumped to 48-54 and then recovered and have actually had a winning record a couple different times in the past month.

I’m looking enviously at @wilykat’s 49-58 division lead, because I’m currently 60-59 and that’s good enough for… exactly last place in my division.

My silver team is 69-52 and 11 games in 1st, while my diamond team is 59-62 and 22 games behind.

Currently 72-49 in my Bronze and a game out of best record in the league, 7.5 up in the division. Sitting top 3 in everything except Runs (6th), HRs (11th) and Steals (4th)… so I used a few thousand points I’d earned this week thanks in part to a pitcher of the month and a few all-star selections to pick up JD Martinez. I don’t need him to play the field so feels like a great fit.

Of course, I now expect to go on a 10 game losing streak, struggle to make the playoffs and get swept in the first round.

Yowza.

Yet I’m still in 2nd place in NC East, 3 back, which – unless I make up ground in the next six weeks – means a wildcard and a one-game playoff.

My silver league team is 22-8 since the all star game. My diamond team was about that last year in gold, and then played mediocre for the rest of the season. I’m hoping these guys keep it up. They are still leading their division by 11 games. The diamond team finally climbed back over .500 and is now 63-62.

I’m having a good second half of the season myself.

record

Just swept the division leader, resulting in them no longer being the division leader. I’m six games out of a wildcard slot, and am playing two of the worst teams in the conference at home in the next week. Late in September I have a four-game series against one of the teams currently ahead of me, too, so odds are at least decent for a wildcard run.

Wouldn’t it be fun to see your Librarians trying to shush my Red Stockings in the World Series? It could happen. My Sawx have a 5-game lead in the AC Central division. But still a month of baseball to play…

Well as the sim day comes to a close, Bill Skowron now sits 2nd in avg. (-.012), 3rd in homers (-3) and 1st in RBI (+3).

A rough end to the day for the Seattle Kraken finds us 5 games back in the division, 2 1/2 back for the 1st wild card spot. We do have a nice 4 game lead on the 2nd wild card spot though.

My Texarkana team sits at 67-68 and 22 games back in D374. We have avoided relegation, which was the main goal this season, and are fighting to keep 3rd place with a team that is 4 games behind us.

My Cedar Rapids Reds in S281 are currently 78-57 and leading their division by 13 games. They are kind of following a similar path to what my Texarkana team experienced in Gold, with the 1st season being a fight to avoid relegation, the 2nd season being kind of middle of the pack, though they appeared to be closer to the low end than Texarkana was, and in their 3rd season finding success and heading to the playoffs and hopefully promotion.

Yes, that would be awesome. Hoping for a strong September…

What an amazing game this was:

https://i.imgur.com/zp9AsWC.png

We were down 8-3 after five innings, then up 9-8 at the end of the 8th. In the top of the ninth we give up 6 runs! So its 14-9, and we manage to score 5 in the bottom of the 9th to tie it up! And 4 of the 5 runs came with two outs!

Then, in the bottom of the 12th, Carlton Fisk bats with two outs and a man on second, and works the count in a tremendous at-bat against reliever Edward Parades:

https://i.imgur.com/IT0aKog.png

Fisk is mobbed by his teammates and has a bucket of Gatorade dumped on him during the post-game interview.

Aw man, there’s a massive whale in my league. Sitting at 27-30 in early June, their owner decided to open the pocketbooks and make a playoff push, signing a handful of gold players to fill out the lineup. After a two game series in Guadalajara half of that gold level roster was dumped for higher golds, diamonds, and perfect players. Must’ve been some crazy, tequila-induced arguments that convinced them things weren’t going to work out.

The roster overhaul ended up ultimately being a good idea; since that slow start they’ve gone 57-24 and are 1.5 up on me for best record in the league. Thankfully they’re in the other conference so I won’t see them unless we both get lucky and make the World Series.