Out of the Park Baseball 19 - The quest for the Perfect Team

The wildcard race in G326 should be fun to watch tomorrow, here is what the race looks like right now

By my count that is 6 teams within 2 1/2 games of each other. The Bees are only 4 games out too. Right now @Madmarcus and I are holding onto the top 2 spots so maybe we will get to face each other for a chance at the playoffs?

@vyshka - Barely. It’s gotten really tight.

It’s not looking good for us or Cedar rapids for a wildcard spot, so winning the division is probably the only way we make it to the playoffs.

And my Diamond team? I don’t want to talk about my Diamond team.

My Diamond team has managed to climb back to .500, but they have been having a rough year.

It’s coming down to the wire between me and @vyshka.

This is the second year in a row Akron’s got hot at the end of the season and looks to finish with the 5th worst record - narrowly avoiding relegation and prolonging their struggles.

It is going to be a close one. It looks like we have done well enough that we are in the fight for the wildcard as well. It also looks like your diamond team has stepped it up a bit. My guys are still hanging out at .500.

Wow. Close is right. 7 games to go.

And the wild card:

3-7 isnt a good way to end the season.

You and I have a 3 game series about to start. Good luck!

lol, can we make it any closer?

My team has really fallin’ apart at the end of the season. I held the 1st wildcard spot for most of the year but now have fallen to thek 2nd spot and only hold a 1 game lead on that. On top of that 3 of my pitchers are “cold”. Hopefully they can finish the last series strong and get me the 1000 pp for making the playoffs.

Looks like G326 could have a number of QT3 members in it.

The Expats are doing even worse! We were at least competing for the wild card but every since you mentioned the Qt3 group at the top we’ve been dropping like a rock. If Gravvy would hit we might ok next year

@KWhit

Looks like my team got into the wild card, @strummer has 2 teams in, and at least 1, possibly both, of @kwhit and @vyshka will be in.

It may take a couple extra games to decide all of this. :)

I guess if we are tied he wins the division b/c of our record against each other. So maybe just an extra game for the wildcard. Or maybe not. It is saying Magic # is 2, so I guess we could have an extra game for the division.

My teams ended up in the same Conference of Silver 254, and they ended up vying for the same wild card spot, lol. Their records were identical down the stretch. In the end, the New Haven Red Sox edged the Boston Red Stockings by one game to clinch a wild card slot. New Haven won the season series by one game, too. Pretty funny to see my squads play each other!

Now New Haven has a one-game wild card game against JesseBarfield’s Thule Ultimates, a team that beat it 6 out of 7 times this year. Jesse is a Qt3er, yes? So fun. :)

After 162.

Here’s hoping you make the wild card, @vyshka.