Out of the Park Baseball 19 - The quest for the Perfect Team

Wonder how this works, with a 3 way tie right now in the wildcards. Do we all play each other? Odd, the Pennant Chase screen shows them both having another game, doesn’t show me having a game and shows me at 100%, but no z-.

Edit: Well, we are in. Strange. Or not. I guess that was another sudden death game, and I’m out.

Yes, I’m JesseBarfield for my second team. I wondering which Red Hose team was the Qt3 one - I didn’t think they would both be the same person!

The Renegades managed to hold on and win their 3rd division title (first silver division title) and will head into the playoffs. Our pitching was excellent but I noticed that a lot of the gold players had pretty big drop offs offensively due to the better silver league pitching. Might be time for a few upgrades once we build up some PPs.

Scherzer was our best silver league acquisition. He went 23-6 with a 2.54 ERA.

Capture

That sucks. I had the same with my Diamond team this week. Tied for the second wildcard spot and lost the tiebreak game against them. So close.

My pack only Pack Rats made the playoffs with a 91-71 record and got a further 4,000PP for Chris Sale winning the Pitching Triple Crown. Sale’s 7.7 WAR is the second worst number he’s put up in four seasons for me, so I hope he’ll bounce back next season.

De Grom backs up Sale and is technically more consistent, but his WAR has been 7.5, 7.4 and 7.2, so he’s clearly a step below Sale even though both are rated 100.

I took the points these Pitchers earned me and bought a Gold pack and landed… 92-rated Blake Snell and 82-rated Carl Edwards Jnr.

I’m glad I don’t actually have to pay for my Pitching:

Chris Sale : $15,000,000
Jacob DeGrom : $17,000,000
Chris Snell : $575,000 (LOL team controlled salary… (Arbitration in 2020!))
Patrick Corbin : $12,900,000 ($19m in 2020!)
Carlos Martinez : $11,000,000

I’d love to pull some actual batting from a pack, but it’s an interesting experiment in how far Pitching will carry you.

and we are quickly down 0-2 in our best of 5 series dropping 2 home games (12-3 and 6-0). Ugh.

edit: we lost game 3 by a score of 7-4 to continue our postseason woes. We seriously got dominated. Time to see what went wrong.

Annnnnnd… yet another year where I walk the division and then get swept 3-0 in the first round of the playoffs.

It’s practically a law now.

That has happened to me twice now.

And I got the privilege of facing myself in the first round - at least one of my teams was guaranteed a win.

Congrats @strummer.

Congrats to those who were promoted this season and good luck to all those in G314. My team is off to a slow start and my big offseason pickup Lindor is batting a sweet .214.

Thanks, you too! I’m off to a 5-12 start. I actually am surprised I’m still in gold after last season; I expected (and hoped for) relegation. I think I need to actively tank to be relegated! Where’s Sam Hinkie?

Both my Red Sox teams are in Silver 319. Or 219, I forget which, lol. Anyone else there?

The Renegades landed in Silver.310 and are currently in 2nd place with a 12-10 record. Our bullpen is struggling so it might be time to upgrade a middle reliever or two.

My OG team - The Ewes - won their division in Gold last year, but then got dumped out of the playoffs, yet somehow this translated into promotion to Diamond… This is a team that still has 66-rated Ketel Marte chipping in at 1st Base.

So of course we’re second in our division with a 17-13 record and the best defensive efficiency in the league.

The teams around me aren’t quite as scary as I expected at Diamond, but there’s still no way this lasts while I’m running Johnny Sain in my starting rotation and have a bullpen full of silver-75s.

last season the top 4 teams in gold got promoted so as long as you made it to the AC or NC championship you got promoted.

I just picked up Dock Ellis for next to nothing for my Bronze league rotation. Remember Dock, who pitched a no-no stoned?

If not, check this out:

“Ooooh, I just scored a touchdown!”

I hate this game. Last year my offense is middle of the road in the league, I make the wild card game. I replace crappy Corey Seager with Francisco Lindor, start the next season and now I have the worst offense in the league?

Yeah, sometimes it doesn’t seem to make sense. It can be hard to tell if it is the team, the rng, or just the makeup of the league that season. I’m to the point where I’m checking in a couple times a week. There really isn’t much to do once you get to a certain point besides wait for pp to accumulate.

My team started out well for the first time ever in Gold - and has gone 4-11 over the last 15 games. My only changes over last year were picking up Kluber and moving Big Maple out to the bullpen, where he’s gone from a 6+ ERA starter to a nasty setup guy.

I’m about to give up on Lance Berkman and do some outfield shopping again. Guy has solid stats across the board and has been mediocre at best in the 3 years I’ve had him. He’s going for around 10k in auction which is enough for a solid upgrade or two.