Out of the Park Baseball 19 - The quest for the Perfect Team

Holy Harper Batman! My Squirrels were facing elimination in the fourth game of the playoffs, down 2 games to 1, when Larry Dierker stepped up and threw a freakin’ perfect game.

That’s right – a perfect game in the playoffs! It got me 5,000 pp in one fell swoop.

Nice! We’ll see how the Cedar Rapids Reds like being back in Silver, hopefully it means a decent chunk of pp next season.

I was gone all weekend so just now getting to check on things and it looks like my Seattle Kraken made the playoffs, knocked off the Seoul Expats in the divisional series and now face the OBL Kennesaw Mountain Landis for a chance to go to the world series. OBL had the best record in our conference though and already have a 2-0 lead in the series. So it may be a quick exit for Seattle.

Just realized making it to the NCCS means that we will get promoted to Diamond next season… this won’t be pretty.

And I’m on to the World Series to face the Cigar City Lagers! We’re getting an all Qt3 Gold League World Series

Nice! Good luck.

You took game one with a walk-off HR in the bottom of the ninth.

Ugh.

Did you pick of Noah Syndegard right before our series? He didn’t have any stats for the year.

My top 2 starting pitchers are cold so it should be interesting.

I picked him up after the division series. So far, in the playoffs, he’s been pretty bad, honestly.

@tylertoo, grats on the perfect game! He threw only 90 pitches. He just won a non-perfect game for me, and it took him 120+ pitches. :)

My Red Stockings are in the World Series, with a 3-2 lead over the Detroit Motorworks. Cy Young has a chance to close it in Game 6, at home in Boston. It would be my first PT title.

And now @pizzaddict is now up 3-2 in the WS.

Time for a comeback, boys!

You walked me off in game 4 but Patrick Cobrin finally stopped his cold streak and got the game 5 win. Now my best hitter this season Francisco Lindor is cold though.

It’s been a good series so far… good luck @KWhit

My Red Stockings lost Game 6, and so it came down to Patrick Corbin, the starter for Game 7. He didn’t pitch great, and we had a 5-5 tie after nine innings. In the bottom of the 10th, my Stockings loaded the bases, and with a lefty on the mound, my AI manager pinch-hit for lefty Grady Sizemore with righty George Springer. Springer worked the count to 2-and-2 and then hit a flyball to deep centerfield – an out, but long enough to score the Series-winning run.

A bit of an irony here: Sizemore was the Series MVP, yet the AI (probably wisely) pinch-hit for him with the Series on the line.

So there we are – Silver 288 champions!

Sox%20Trophy

The Kraken were able to hold off @kwhit & the Cigar City Lager to capture the Gold World Series which marks the first World Series title for the Kraken. Now we are off to diamond where we can get humiliated by the much more talented competition and get relegated back to gold where we belong!

Congrats, @pizzaddict!

I’m not looking to Diamond with this team either.

Well we both started out 1-0 in Diamond along with @vyshka 's team so maybe we’ll pull off a miracle and get another all Qt3 World Series this season.

Of course, I haven’t been able to modify my team since the WS last night, so I’m running with a 4 man rotation and all my position player backups all set to “Only if Starter Tired.” This will not go well.

I was gone this weekend so didn’t get a chance to mess with my rotation/lineups before the playoffs. Maybe my team is better off when I don’t do that :)

Actually, even though I never set it to a 4 man rotation, I don’t think my 5th starter ever made a start in the playoffs.

I may be imagining it, but I think the “Did you know…” loading screen just said to me: “Did you know that the Boston Red Stockings won the World Series in 2032”? My name in lights!

Yes, it will throw up things there from the leagues. I think it popped up a factoid about one of my pitchers once. I’ll login this afternoon to see how the reds are responding to relegation, and if the tumbleweeds are going to put in another average season in diamond.

@vyshka Here is a D378 update for you.

Heh, getting our losing streak pp out of the way early this season.

Well I’ve started out the season 4-15. Guess I’ll check back in next week when I get demoted back to gold.