Out of the Park Baseball 22: Take Me Out to the (Digital) Ballgame once more!

Like I was telling someone on discord… The players I use suck so much they did not get promoted!

But seriously folks, I did lose two or three guys from my roster and I had to update it.

So what do yall do with cards that don’t really fit your team? Do you just keep stuff til it gets used in missions or sell high value cards on the AH if you don’t think you’ll ever use them?

I mostly sell dups once a week and have sold my only 100 card to give myself a nice stockpile of PP. But I have a couple of NL cards that are way overpriced for their actual play value. I don’t expect I’ll ever have enough to play a themed team due to their high prices in the AH. Even missions seem tough with them due to their prices. But I’m not sure I just want to start clearing out a bunch of cards (NL and others that don’t really fit my PT or tourney teams).

I typically hold on to any historical duplicates and sell many lives when I get them, especially 100s or cards on the cusp of the next lower level (like a 90). The thing about historical cards is that they very well may be involved in a mission in the future and if that’s true their price will shoot up. So you want to sell them. Or perhaps complete the mission yourself!

As for the NL cards I think the prices shown on them for L10 are not realistic, but the actual prices are a lot lower. Those prices were driven by the collectors and whales wanting them when they first came out. Now that there is a good supply I think you will see a lot of resistance at their listed prices. So if you really want to sell one you would have to price it I’m betting at least 20% under the shown price… or more if you take our experience with selling high priced historical diamonds into account. And sadly, when it comes to trying to sell a card that is around 10,000 and thinking about having to list it five or six times before it sells… I usually say to myself… It’s not worth it! One last thing to keep in mind is that we don’t know what cards are required for the diamond and perfect build a legend cards so it’s very possible that any gold and diamonds you have will be required for those missions.

So my advice is sell lives, hold everything else!

Makes sense. Last time I played (2020 version) I would spend time holding those on the cusp of jumping up a grade and sell those about to drop. But back then they didn’t have the tourneys and missions (at least I didn’t play them if they did) so I spend my time on those now instead of AH shopping. It doesn’t seem like I’m seeing as many deals in the AH either. Where I could grab a card close to its end time for a good price. Seems like most auctions seem to start close to the max anyway and the Buy Now price is a bit over that. Oh well. Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

Yep, I had to update my tourney rosters – still in the process of doing that for a couple teams. And yes, I sell Lives (especially Live duplicates) but keep most other things.

Do Future Legends change in value, like Live cards? Or become part of missions? I just drew an Asa Lacy, OVR 89. Can’t use him in OL. Sell or hold?

Also, obvious question: if a guy’s OVR drops 10 points (as with many RP it seems), his ratings drop too, right? The card indicates the OVR drop but doesn’t tell us what ratings dropped (if any).

Don’t think so. I’ve had both Live and FL versions of a player with totally different stats and my FLs are still the same as always after today’s change.

Won a couple of tourney’s today already. Now I’m debating on saving up til the end of the week or tearing into some. Or all, if I’m on a good run of packs.

FL cards do not update, just the live cards.

@spock: The ratings determine the OVR so the ratings are updated and the OVR is calculated from that. So if a player’s OVR has dropped his ratings have definitely gone down. And vice versa!

Thanks for the replies, guys. Some of the OVR drops are dramatic – 11 points in one case I saw. Interestingly, most of the big drops were RPs. I don’t see as many big increases. I’ve opened about 30 packs today, so I did see a reasonable sample size.

I’m selling duplicates both live and historical. In OOTP 20 I attempted to time the market with duplicates but I found that I generally didn’t have the desire to be constantly checking to see if my duplicates were involved in new missions. It turned a fun diversion into work.

Angered Unicorn is currently live on Twitch with drops. He’s talking about silver tourneys. Great stuff as always.

He went a long time. I showed an hour or 2 late and still got 4 packs

Hmm, I had it on for the whole time but was AFK for much of it, and I got only two drops. I’m watching tonight’s stream now.

So my OL team pulled my first-ever Perfect: Live 100 Francisco Lindor. He certainly is an awesome player, with solid O and fantastic D, but of course my OL team can’t use him. I suppose I should just sell?

Nice pull! I’m still looking for my second 100 but it was awesome when I grabbed the first. I used mine to help win a pennant then sold it and have used the earnings to help build up my PT team.

Thanks, lostcawz. So I suppose there’s no reason for me to wait to sell? It’s value can only go down, I suppose. Sure is nice to have in my collection, though. :\

You can always use the card for a while and sell it if it doesn’t do that well or if you decide you would rather have the PP. The rating won’t change for another month so you don’t have to rush any decision. But I personally look at live perfects as an influx of 20,000+ PP, and so I sell them as soon as I get them. Like the Ramirez I got yesterday.

Ya, My 100 was a Legend so it wasn’t going to change stats, but I still sold it off after using it to help win my first (and probably only) championship.

I keep pulling the 100 Giolito, and pulled the 100 Acuna on 2 teams yesterday. The highlight of the day has to be pulling that Frankie Frisch card on a second team. I thought I would never see that again, except maybe dropping a ton of pp at the AH.

I need to let you Remote Desktop into my pc and do all my pulls. You are the Pack Whisperer!

Thanks for the advice. I’ll go ahead and sell the card. I can’t use it even for a little while, as it’s on my OL team.

My OL team has 60,000 PPs, but I’m getting the impression that I’ll need many times that to stay competitive, heh!