Paradox Announces Cities: Skyline - Huge Cities, Offline Play, & More!

https://www.gamewatcher.com/reviews/cities-skylines-review/13074#

They seem to like it, for myself I’ll wishlist it and grab it at half off later. Then play a dozen hours and shelve the game till the next expansion.

For me Skylines is a chill game, low pressure build some stuff. Having some farming businesses seems it would fit well with my play style. Will give it a whirl for sure.

Three Moves Ahead’s latest episode makes it pretty clear that the newest City:Skylines DLC, Industries, isn’t worth it. If you were on the fence, give it a listen. Sounds like it adds almost nothing to an already light game. They do conclude they like the game, but not as a serious city manager.

Wasn’t aware of who the new guest was until I searched for their Youtube channel. Might have to go give that a watch now too.

Seems to be the norm with all their dlc releases, hence why I pick them up when they are at least half off price.

I think I just have the base game. What are the must-get DLCs?

After Dark and Mass Transit.

Thank you. I bought them.

Now I am hooked again.

It’s a free weekend for Cities on Steam, and it got me wondering why I hadn’t given this game a try. I’ve had it, and a few expansions, for years. Well, yesterday I installed it, and suddenly about 8 hours of my life have simply disappeared.

Fluff or something that adds actual depth to the game?

I can’t imagine that they’d start making this more of a strategy game at this point.

Yeah this game isn’t getting any depth. Every dlc is pretty much cosmetics. :P

Didn’t mass transit and industries add some depth?

As an academic working for a university I fully support this expansion!

Those expansions did add depth. I played SC2K for years (I was a fixture on Simtropolis/STEX) and while Skylines is a bit easier, I do not see much of a difference between the two games. Skylines has a few more standard toys but the scope of the games are now quite similar.

There’s been a rash of “pretty but vacant” simulators lately, it seems like. This and Planet Coaster seem to be the standard bearers. It’s a damn shame, too, in both cases.

Yep for certain.

First dev diary for the new DLC is out. Seems like it could have at least a little bit of depth to it, certainly we’ll find out more as they continue with the dev diaries.