Path of Exile

Friend was pissed off at the Beacon where you had to fuel it. Said it’s impossible, died 12-15 times. So when I got to it I was ready to be disappointed. Did it first try no deaths. Molten strike, life on hit, ancestral recall and added accuracy support. Spammed it behind each fuel source. Constantly surrounded by mobs so my health never went down. Sent him a pic of the beacon lit. ):-P

Edit: He tried it as a ranger. I think that’s his problem.

Probably more that he needed some leech or something to make it through the waves of enemies? Or just more damage so as not to get overwhelmed. I assure you, it’s entirely doable as a Ranger ;)

Yeah, I keep trying to sell him on life on hit. Maybe now?

Edit: So I passed on your suggestions to him. He’s quitting the game. Go figure.

Life on hit is fantastic, but forgoing the damage or utility of a different support is definitely a serious cost.

Ah, just saw your edit. Well, I hope someday he finds his big boy pants! ;)

Tell me about it. :)

Edit: I’m experimenting with taking out my accuracy support and putting in an attack speed support. This is along with ancestral recall.

So, Ice Shot Raider update:

a) Ice Shot is fantastic fun. I love this skill. The only utility you need is GMP (pierce and AOE come from the unique gem) and so you’re free to load up on damage. I’ve been running Onslaught for lulz and it’s great. Otherwise, Weapon Elemental Damage, Cold Pen, Ice Bite, Hypothermia - good times!

b) Yep, bow toons are still crazy fragile. Need as much life as possible on gear, because good lord there’s very little on the tree. Except…

c) New Vaal Pact (double leech instead of instant leech) isn’t as good as the old one, but it’s not bad. Better placement now too, down in Duelist where you want to be anyway.

d) You’ll never convince me that sucking up the Strength cost for Decoy Totem isn’t worth it (unless you’re using some other totem or are a yuge tank, ofc). Best skill in the game.

Accuracy is for fools and communists. Pick up a little on gear if necessary, but it shouldn’t be necessary to slot the support unless you’re in such dire straits you’re in a neon CG music video with Sting.

I’ve done decoy. Right now I’m using ancestral totem and stone golem. So far so good.

Edit: Oh hell, I forgot that stone golem is life regen too. I’m pretty good on the life regen side. And speed on attack combined with that makes me pretty safe until I make a mistake. Then there aren’t enough life flasks to save me.

Edit 2: I finally have a build that can tank those life regen bats from abyss. It’s nice to get an abyss trove every time.

Find a way to path over to Resolute Technique on the passive tree and never worry about accuracy again! Great for any Sunder toon.

My SRS SSF character has hit 70 and mapping and she feels like she’s close to topping out. I can do tier 1 maps ok but I feel really constrained by the lack of more awesome gear. Plus, whenever I get to mapping my interest in a character typically takes a dive for some reason.

Part of the fun of doing a second toon is being able to tweak them out like crazy with all the stuff you found from your first run. Maybe I need to change to be regular abyss league so I can take advantage of the stuff in the guild stash.

In the Labyrinth headed for the final Izaro fight and died to stupid. Better luck tomorrow. In act 7 at least.

Ah, stupid, the most dangerous enemy in the game. Particularly in the Lab. My character deaths in that same situation are legion.

Thar be free stuff! One free box, claim it sometime before Thursday.

Was just coming here to post this. I got a cool flame cape. Hit 60 too.

I got a small flaming amphibian. Someone has to get the uncool stuff. Hi!

I got the Ice Gale hideout decoration. Was disappointed until I tried it, then I rather liked it.

Finally, after getting one guy to 80, one to 84, and one to 87 I found the last trial I need to try uber lab tomorrow. The layout today is terrible, so I’ll gladly wait a day for what almost has to be a better lab.

Whirling Blades ice effect for me. Guess I am running WB on my alt!

I am now sporting a Fire Helmet™ from my Fire&Ice box, so I look awesome!

I got the same!

Flame Dash effect for me. I was excited until I tried it. It’s over so fast, and the screen moves while it’s in use, so it’s pretty much unnoticeable to me. Might look cool for other people, but how would I know…