Path of Exile

Yep, you’ll get deleted on a bad roll with that. I know I have!

Warframe has it’s claws in me, so I’m probably passing on this league.

So this is the least ethical league I’ve ever been in, drop wise, and I’m sitting on 4ex and over 100c (and still can’t trade for alchemy orbs to save my life lol). And I need to decide what to do about my gear, playing CI for the first time. Currently at 7700 ES with ok gear. But I’m at a point where I can spend on some real gear. Running Bane in a 4l (Bane - CD-Temp Chains - Despair) with Enfeeble in Vixen’s Entrapment (and poachers mark maybe once I do uber lab). Damage is very good right now, at least in low yellow maps (I was having a shitload of mapping trouble before the hotfix). So I’m still feeling my damage out and not in a rush to make this decision.

I see my options as the following:

1. Spend 1ex on a 5L + 600ES chest. this would be a nice upgrade (current chest is like 410 es I think). This is a nice damage boost, but it’s not amazing. 6l/600ES chests would drain the coffers, if I could afford them.

2. Try to craft something. 6L white chests are going for 2ex+ (and vaal regalia are 2.5ex). Pricey - I haven’t tried to calculate how much it might theoretically cost to get a 600+ es chest with some resists. Alternately I could try to 6L on my own (possibly off an armor with otherwise good rolls). I know it’s theoretically possible but I’ve never done it and everyone who says they have is a liar. I can clearly see on videos and streams showing it off where they have been doctored.

Also, it seems like I might have used up all my RNG already.

Good god, man. Did the RNG just bestow 4 freaking ex on you?

Three point of fact (all monster dropsI believe).

And a Kaom’s Heart. Poe Ninja was valuing it at 2ex, and it looked like that might be the price on trade sites, so I put it up for sale for 2ex. In the time it took me to determine who the first responder was and reply to them I got like 10 trade requests, and the original guy had upped his offer twice. Too 2ex 40c in fact, so I changed my reply top him and said “sure” and thanked my lucky stars (or else they’re secretly going for much more and I am an idiot). In hindsight, someone had sent me a trade request and I dismissed it without checking because I was sifting through chat and that must have been him and made him think he needed to over bid? OTOH, it’s Kaom’s, so I don’t feel too bad about it.

I briefly considered saving it to do Ngamahu’s again since you can easily run Cyclone in a 4l to do that.

One day, perhaps. But not today.

Bane is pretty great and I’m enjoying my first foray into CI.

That’s crazy. Almost 700 hours logged over various seasons and I have had a grand total of two drop for me.

The RNG giveth!

Hah, I know how you feel! Believe it or not, I did manage to 6L an armor last league. It took me 1560 fusings. Give or take 25, I may have missed a few at the very beginning of the attempts. Lady Luck was not smiling on me with that one!

Crazy how rare they seem to be. I only have about 30 myself, and that’s even though I’ve been replacing alch usage with essences or delve resonators every chance I get. I’ve had to buy alchs from the vendor twice.

I only have one EX this league, so I think the RNG has been balancing between me and @peacedog!

And we know what comes next. :)

Straw, meet camel’s back. You can see the time initiated, at the time of this posting still going and less than 50% done. Eh…I give. This is especially irritating as they are fond of dumping out updates daily. I appreciate that they are always working but jesus…this is fairly ridiculous.

That ain’t right! Their patching is stupid slow, but that’s ridiculous. Last time I had an issue, I ended up doing a complete removal and reinstall of the game.

“Synthesis was terrible, we’re changing pretty much everything.”

OK, maybe not quite everything, but the changes are pretty significant. Just the ability to move memories around the map makes the mechanic a whole lot more user-friendly.

That time remaining was for comedic emphasis, but their updating process is weirdly slow. This update took about 40 minutes, at which point I uninstalled. I love POE and have a ton of hours logged, but between the patching, the login problems, and the intermittent ‘oops you died to something offscreen’, I think it’s run its course for me. This is one of those games I need to let sit for a year or so before I dive back in.

To be fair, Synthesis was terrible.

e: maybe not Bestiary terrible, but pretty bad.

I’ve stuck with my Summoner to the point where she’s almost to mapping so I’m sticking with the league (minimizing the side activities so I can get to mapping). This summoner build uses the little holy relic dude and the herald of agony bug in addition to Flame Sentinels and zombies and skeletons, so it’s a traveling circus of mobs!

My favorite part of playing a summoner. :)

If you haven’t already, you may want to take a look at the change in the latest patch to the Unleash gem. It works with minions now, so you can link it to Skeletons and summon 3 at a time…or 9, if you have the Bone Sculptor ascendancy!

I finally rolled a toon for Synthesis and went with an Elemental Hit Heirophant with full fire conversion via threshold jewels and Avatar of Fire. Borrowed the Tabula in the guild stash and the damage is just insane. Steamrolled Kitava deathless with 2.6k like and resistances in the toilet. I haven’t even got any of the gear for the final setup, other than boots and +1 totem quiver. Didn’t really work that well until around level 40, when it became smooth sailing, and then around 50 speccing into AoF it basically became a joke. Seriously, seriously OP and fun build.

Finally got around the killing the Elder with my zombies.

Actually this is the second time, first one I didn’t keep the Shaper alive. This time I died once. Both of those can be attributed to me not remembering what the hell I should be doing during the fight.

For anyone interested, here’s the PoB: https://pastebin.com/PhvEuDWg

And here we are…

Played around with it a bit tonight. Definitely better, but Synthesis mechanics aren’t going to challenge Incursion or even Delve for ease of use anytime soon. It was nice to get ridiculous numbers of drops from cleaning up my old fragments, though…they kept all the mods from before the patch, but with the new numbers. Now I’ve got 20 engineer’s orbs ready for next time I see a Diviner’s Strongbox!

I had this drop, seems like it should be worth a penny or two. Can craft life, cold dam with atacks or %inc ele with attacks. Seems like it should be pretty valuable with damage conversion remaining quite meta. Any idea how to price this?

I suck at pricing stuff. Usually if I see something like that I’ll put it up for around 20 chaos. If it doesn’t get an offer for a couple days, I’ll drop it down to 15. Etc, etc.