Path of Exile

High fantasy hedgehog is what I am picturing

Winter Orb has that “channel for a second, then run around and watch everything die” magic going for it. Expensive to gear up for end-game, but super fun.

Same with blade vortex.

GDC talk on POE design

The new Unique Collection Tab is on sale for 110 coins this weekend. I bought it and dumped a couple weeks worth of collected uniques in, only to discover that this tab’s search filter does not check all item text like other tabs do, it only searches their names.

New League mechanics reveal video from ZiggyD dropped this evening:

Interesting stuff. I am especially interested in the changes to melee combat. Long overdue.

Just picked this up. Seems quite nice. Played 1-40 in a session that I do not know how long it lasted on a Witch(?) then made a Archer to try that out. Seems like, even early on, you can make some interesting builds to have fun with, so wonder what endgame will be like. The paths you can take on the skill tree seem huge, but wonder if you can even pick all the options eventually?

Story wise, there is a lot of voiced dialogue and whatnot, but I kinda skipped through all of it , so no idea what the storyline is. Some of it is quite good voice-acted even.

Think Grim Dawn is the only hack’nslash I’ve bothered to read the lore.

Oh no. You can get a maximum of 123 skill points. 99 from leveling (but you won’t hit 100; a very realistic goal even casually doing endgame is level 80, so 79 from leveling) and up to 24 from quests. The “up to” is because one of the options for the Act 2 bandit quest is to kill all 3 bandits and receive 2 passive points for your troubles.

There’s also your eventually ascendancy skill tree, which you can eventually get 8 points for (and allocate out of 14 possible nodes in most cases).

The farther you push inti “end game” content the more your build needs to be optiimized and the better your gear needs to be. Also, the main form of scaling for skills is your linked support gems. 6 is the slotted maximum but there are gear that allow you to “soft” bypass that (by having fixed support skills built into their enchantments). After that it’s your ascendancy tree, passive tree, and for physical skills your weapon.

The majority of people do. :)

FWIW it’s fairly interesting and weird.

There is a Qt3 guild if you’re interested in joining. The main benefit of the guild is that you get access to the guild bank. People tend to throw unwanted gear in there (and it’s typically very good gear). If you want to join, post here and… uh… our revered guildmaster will throw you an invite.

There’s not a whole lot of social interaction in the guild so don’t worry that you’ll be required to chat or anything onerous like that!

Yea, was looking for the QT3 guild, but not sure how to search for it.

Cheers for the info Peacedog. I killed 2 of the bandits, guess I should’ve done them all for the skillpoints, went for the passive buff instead.

There is a way to change the results of the bandits quest but I dunno how to do it off the top of my head. The decision is not a big deal though, so i’d just keep pushing forward.

Well sometimes the particular set of passive benefits is best for a build. I wouldn’t worry about it. FWIW there’s a great wiki for the game if you want to look up how to change it.

There hasn’t been much discussion about the current league (Legion) but I wanted to drop in here and thank the people who are dumping stuff in the guild bank. I’ve made use of it when I could.

Now you guys just need to find some 6-link ES base chestpieces for me! :D

There is a person on the POE forums who has some medical issues that prevent them from doing too much physical movement. As a result, they design builds that don’t require lots of keypresses or exotic flask usage. Even with that design constraint, the builds are pretty capable, though I’m sure they aren’t the super-fast killing builds you see streamers using. I’m using one of those builds now that focuses on Vortex. And that’s really the only spell I ever cast - Vortex. My other gear is filled with 4-links of Cast When Damage Taken - Spell - Curse on Hit - Curse (and the like). I will eventually be able to cast 3 curses. The build didn’t take off until I got Vortex at 28, and I’m still leveling (I just hit Act 9 at… 62 I think) but it feels really strong. I just Flame Dash forward, hit Vortex, Flame Dash again, hit Vortex and keep going. If I start getting hit, my curses will pop off. I drink a flask now and then. It’s pretty low-stress! It doesn’t require any uniques or anything fancy, either, so easy to gear up for.

The build will transition to CI but I don’t quite have enough ES yet, and truthfully that’s what I’ve died to the most - poison damage (plus that f*cker Innocence - I truly despise that fight). So switching to CI will solve most of those death related issues.

As for the league mechanics - eh, it’s ok. I don’t go out of my way to do them but I don’t particularly avoid them either. The only mechanic I don’t really do is the Temple Incursions, since this build doesn’t have super fast killspeed.

New expansion coming out in early September: Blight

POE description: https://www.pathofexile.com/blight
ZiggyD video about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsqbpdZUgII

They’re adding … a tower defense mode. Among other things, they’re adding special tower defense uniques that drop which you can imbue with special tower defense oil, one of the imbues adds a passive from anywhere in the tree (and you can preview the result to see what you’re getting before applying the oils). Special tower defense maps that are harder.

One other gigantic change: they’re changing the master missions so they don’t break up your flow, and changing the missions so you can do them at your leisure. You don’t run across them in normal play… or maybe you run across them but you don’t have to do them right there. The missions now “stack up” and there’s a counter on the atlas screen showing how many of each type you have (and I believe you accumulate 2 missions of each type per day). When you want to do a special mission (Alva, Delving, whatever) you go speak to a master and do the mission at your convenience. Revamping Syndicate missions to be better. Syndicate state and Sulfite is now shared across all your characters.

Revamping:

• Necromancers: “making them stronger”… new support gems to alter behavior (offense, defense, focus fire), new minion types (including a buffing minion), new necromancer specific mods from certain maps
  • Poison Assassins: making them better :D
  • Mine Saboteur: traps now thrown at range, traps detonate in sequence, get stronger the longer the sequence is. Traps now have auras, new skills, etc.

Mines, not traps :)

The biggest news to me is the overhaul to Masters, which is going to be amazing.

I have no idea if the TD league s going tow ork but I am curious to see how it does. I applaud GGG for doing something different.

Mines, traps… they’re all the same! :D

Damn it, I may have to play in this league.

New Summoner gems.

:drool:

I’m guessing we will see a few Necromancers in the next league…

My reaction to the new league mechanics: