Path of Exile

I’ve seen a few of those. I figure they’re just an opportunity to use Alchs to roll a rare without having to scour it first.

Wow, I never considered that. And I have to now admit that I’ve never used any currency on a gem ever!

Oh yeah, now you mention it, I have seen them before in previous leagues, so they are not unique the recent one. They are essentially white jewel drops.

Perhaps they have changed the loop drops a bit. I just did a low level yellow map and when I killed the bosses at the end there was an explosion of loot all over the screen. Some of them looked fairly decent too. Also I killed some creature earlier in the map and it dropped a bunch of things with white sockets which I’m not sure I’ve seen before. and the best part is that one of the things that dropped was an awesome scepter that increased my DPS by 25%.

I haven’t played in years. If I was to watch one video that has it all to prep a noob for season play which one would you recommend?

Also I swore when I originally got this game it was on steam but I guess not. Maybe I’m thinking of another game? Anyone get it working on steam deck?

Yeah, there was a patch when I logged in this morning. Pretty extensive for a small patch, including:

I don’t really go around watching gameplay videos so I don’t have personal recommendations, but I know folks like Zizaran’s stuff and I see he’s posted several 3.19 videos. How much of it is useful and how much is complaining about drops, I can’t say.

It shows up on Steam for me (Win 10 PC). I know Steam won’t always show games that aren’t tagged for your platform, so maybe it’s not set up for the deck?

Thanks x2!

Started playing an Arc lightning witch build. There was a Vaal Arc gem in the guild stash so I took it. Not sure what it means that the gem is corrupted, but I guess I’ll find out! :)

I don’t know why, but I re-installed the game. Wait, I know why, I wanted to check out the new gamepad controls on PC.

I like the controls, it feels way better than playing the game with keyboard and mouse while in combat. But my complaint is that you can’t go back and forth to mouse when you’re in town. When I get to town and try using the mouse, it doesn’t work. I can move the cursor around, but I still need to move inventory and sell stuff using the gamepad.

Booooooo!

@ineffablebob I love the new Guild Tabs.

Corrupted items can’t normally be modified (there are some rare exceptions). So you can’t increase its Quality bonus with a Gemcutter’s Prism, but it can be leveled up as usual. All Vaal gems are corrupted.

You may want to level another non-Vaal Arc as a backup (or buy one later), in case you want to add something like Vaal Discipline, because Vaal gems will split the soul gains if you use more than one.

Good, glad they’re working out. Please, everyone, feel free to take anything you need out of there. And also go ahead and clean things up if tabs start getting full, right now I’ve just been tossing in “maybe someone might find a use for this crap” stuff rather than making sure everything is actually worthwhile. If you have something good that won’t fit, feel free to toss some of the crap!

OK, thanks. I should be able to get the regular Arc gem soon and then I can even put the Vaal version back if someone else wants it. I’ve been throwing some lower level stuff into the guild stash in case anyone else is starting a new character.

Lightning Conduit is redonkulous, that is all.

Yeah, my jank Conduit build ended up with crazy damage.

1200+ hours in this game, and I’ve never even come close to how absurd the DPS is with that build. I can kill stuff literally as fast as I can run through it, and in crap solo self found gear. I hope they don’t change it, because it’s a great league starter.

You hope they won’t change it… Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Hey I can dream!!! Never tell me the odds!

Build link?

Video guide

Pastebin with extensive notes

God, that’s so hard to understand. This is what I hate the most about Path of Exile. Inability to understand builds in advance. I guess the only way is to actually just play and keep going back to those extensive notes and look for those skill gems and try to find the right equipment to try to slot those into, and to follow the tree, but the tree seems to be the least important part in Path of Exile even though it’s the easiest thing to plan ahead with.