Per Aspera - MARS , LOGISTICS , TERRAFORMING

Oh, it’s not on you. As far as I’m aware, there is nothing in the game to steer you to the building manager. Per Aspera is abysmally documented and the campaign is a terrible tutorial.

-Tom

I did finally figure out upgrading roads. When I fire it up tonight, I am just going to go around the screen clicking on every ui item to see what pops up. :)

Oh, yeah, the campaign is designed to lead you into disaster and foolishness.

For instance, one of the earliest technologies you can research is wind farms. Then you start building them because they offer more energy than solar farms. And then they generate diddly squat, because they’re utterly useless until you can make Mars’ atmosphere denser. But you sit there wondering why the hell aren’t they working, because no one tells you this.

Yeah, it was fun watching power output drop like crazy and hoping the batteries hold out long enough.

The fission plants, seem like 100mw indefinitely for 10 uranium. There has to be a catch with them like a radioactive disaster or something. Looks like the lichen from the biodomes has started to spread around my base.

Edit: the lack of documentation can be frustrating, but it was probably worth the $22 just for the beautiful map of Mars.

Yeah, that’s the thing. Wind Farms are useless, because by the time you have enough atmosphere for them to matter, you’ve probably already got nuclear reactors going. Or, if like me, you’ve been building long networks of roads, and that requires a ton of solar power plants; each solar power plant needs to power a worker node and, occasionally, a maintenance hub, so you you end with a huge energy grid with lots of surplus energy just from that.

Yeah, once I noticed that iI switched to building mostly solar, and now I sprinkle in fission plants. I should probably go back and try to scrap the wind farms I have and put something else in their place.

Hahaha, this made me laugh.

It looks pretty nice. I need to dig into more later to see if I can figure out things like why a building is inefficient from it. I already used it to get rid of all of my wind farms that I still had really easily.

Look at this. There are seven untapped Uranium deposits right there. What you can’t see are the three that I’m currently mining. And there are two more untapped out of screen. Rough count is about 30,000 Uranium. That’s waaaaaaay more than you need for a full game.

The current amount of water I’ve discovered is maybe a third of that.

The resource system in this game is whacky.

I found a patch of another six Uranium to the south. 10,000 more. I wish I had half as much of any other resource.

I think I have about 10k worth of nodes found right now at my 2nd site. I’d picked over there because there it was showing purple and I’d be happy for any chemicals I can find. So the uranium was a bonus. I think the main thing I need to improve in my base at the moment is possibly even more workers and storage centers. A number of factories/mines idle because the output is full.

Nice chemical site. Shame my landing was too close.

15 hours in, and still every time it scraps a building I think someone dropped something or slammed a door in the kitchen.

Just got this game yesterday, and I’m about 4 hours in, built up a pretty good central base, got my second spaceport up and running…then get notification of a meteor storm coming in. Two of them couldn’t have landed in a worse spot: right on top of my central buildings/colonies/factories. Ugh. I don’t think this is recoverable…

Yeah, this game is secretly all about traffic management and on-time delivery. It’s not obvious at first, but in the mid- to late-game you begin to realize how badly you screwed up your logistics system.

Another reason you don’t want to turtle is because it’s horribly inefficient. Too much stuff in an a sector and things eventually start to pile up awaiting shipment. (Plus, the more complicated the road network, the easier they’re confused). Of course, you have no choice to turtle at first because you don’t have the resources to spread out.

Even hyperloops can bottleneck because only one item can travel through at any time. Some players are building multiple hyperloops side-by-side to increase bandwidth.

So enjoying it more now? You’re still playing, so that’s a good sign…

It’s good, but it’s still buggy. And it’s so complex that it’s probably going to be a while before they squash everything.

Patch #3 is live

Patch 4:

Ignore where it says patch 3 in the patch notes, lol.

Patch #5 Notes

The following changes are now live for all users!

Version: V1.0.0.0.5. 10336 .2020.12.2
Compatible with existing save games.

Bugs Resolved:

• Fixed a bug that caused Storage Centers to hoard resources continuously.

• Fixed a bug that prevented some quests from displaying their location widget.

• Fixed an issue with resource distribution that caused some resources to become stuck between buildings.

• Fixed an issue that unlocked sectors in an incorrect order.

• Improved resource balance:

• Rebalanced resources to guarantee the presence of scarce resources

• Fixed a bug that caused music to no longer play after a certain set of events.

• Improved Saving Widget and fixed an issue that replaced save game files when using the enter key instead of clicking.

• Fixed an issue that displayed an incorrect amount of Worker Hubs.

• Improved balance to scale with game difficulties.

• Fixed issue that sometimes reset worker routes upon loading.

• Fixed issue that caused quests to display an incorrect description.

• Fixed an issue that would break the game when sending bulk actions to buildings in “scrapping” state.

• Workers now begin construction immediately after delivering the last resource

• Fixed a Sandbox save issue: saving in Sandbox before placing any buildings produced a savegame with a broken data model.