Phoenix Point - new Julian Gollop turn-based strategy game

It’s Netflix but for games. You can get a subscription for $1 right now, after it goes up to $5/mo. There are 100 games available on PC, including Phoenix Point.

No its a monthly sub, so you don’t own any of the games. But this way you can play some of the newer releases now for cheap, then grab the games later at 75% off or eventually part of a bundle. Win-Win!

Phoenix Point isn’t on the store yet. When does it release? Ah I can read! September 3, 2019

I would jump on Game Pass now if Phoenix Point was already available.

Is it out on Epic’s service earlier?

Doesn’t Game Pass for PC eventually go up to $10/month?

As I understand it Phoenix Point will be launching into Game Pass (both Xbox and PC) at the same time it releases on the Epic store.

Available on game pass and epic, but not steam. Cue another round of outrage.

Eventually, but you can lock in like 2 years worth for less than $4 per month.

How??

Buy Xbox Live Gold cards from wherever at discount. Up to 2yrs worth. Buy the $1 Ultimate Game Pass offer. Your 2yrs of Gold will convert to Ultimate Game Pass.

I had heard about that but I thought the Gold cards were more expensive.

I bought 2 12-month gold cards for a total of $114 from Sam’s club. Costco has a 24 month one for $99 I believe.

Even at $115 it still came out to < $4.50 per month

Costco has a 24 month XBOX Gold card for $100.69 (includes tax).

So for $100.69 + $1.00 you get two years of everything available to Game Pass, Xbox and PC games both? That’s $4.24 per month. That is impulse-buy territory.

How long does this $1 deal last? Can I wait a couple of months before I get it?

It also gives you an Xbox live Gold subscription, so online play + Games With Gold.

No one knows. The bigger question is how long will they let you do a 1:1 upgrade from XBLG to Game Pass Subscription. XBLG traditionally costs $9.99 a month (less if you buy months in bulk) but game pass ultimate costs $14.99 per month, so it makes zero sense for them to convert 100% of your XBLG time into Game Pass Ultimate time just for upgrading for a single month.

Either they intended the system to be used like that (and lose a lot of potential money) in which case the deal is still good even if the $1 goes away and you have to pay $15 for that single month, or they realize their mistake and cut it off sooner rather than later.

I’d get this primarily for the PC gaming. I don’t even have an Xbox right now though I could get a refurb cheap. I am assuming if I jumped on this before Microsoft changes anything I would be locked in with Game Pass for two years for under $5/month. That’s really all I want.

So with a Game Pass for PC game will Microsoft gate it so it can only be played online through their service?

Does anyone know if it’s like Netflix where they will rotate titles out of the list?

I believe I’ve heard that mentioned a few times, titles will rotate in and out

One thing I found annoying about Netflix is that some titles that I thought I spotted and now have time to watch, is gone.

So Game Pass may not be ideal for people like me who replays old games from time to time.

You can buy the game through Game Pass. MS will offer a 20% discount on it if you have an active subscription.

Other than that it may rotate back in again at some point.