Phoenix Point - new Julian Gollop turn-based strategy game

Ok the global map is getting very kenotic, i have 5 attack ships and i have more heaven attacks popping up more than ships i have to field. Not to mention regular enemy air attacks.

I love this game, but its starting to play very long, and i now do have the feeling like im fighting a losing battle against the aliens. Its a race to undercover the tech before they wipe out all the heavens, which i suppose is thematic, but boy does it play long now!

I recently started another playthrough with the Festereing Skies DLC. I’m not sure what’s going on or what I’m supposed to be doing about the Behemoth.

I wonder how games like this can be balanced, as some people will play without no DLC, others with some, and others with all of them.

At the middle top of the screen just below the main bar there is an area which if you mouse over it will give you the Behemoth status, basically you have to cause “disruption points” to force it back into the sea. So far all my disruption points have been caused by downing flyers. There’s a different amount of points given for the different types, right now I think in my game I need 8 points to force the Behemoth beneath the waves and downing flyers give 2,3 or 5 points depending on type iirc.

And one downs flyers by… how? I did the tutorial (lost the battle) and only have the one ship. Do I chase the behemoth around? Do I go to the locations with the pink ring?

The flyers will go on missions such as raiding, they will end up at one of your haven’s. If you move your flyer to that haven while the enemy flyer is present you get the option to “intercept enemy flyer” clicking that starts the interception mini-game, downing the flyer then gets you disruption points.

So what is the overall consensus on Festering Skies? I’ve kind of gotten distracted by Age of Wonders: Planetfall, but I’d like to eventually finish a game of PP. I tried starting a campaign with FS turned on, and to be honest, I don’t really think it adds anything great to the game. Anyone care to disagree with me?

To be honest it’s probably best to wait for the next DLC that offers a new class (and however many new combos that brings), new enemies and a new story. Hopefully they clean up the integration of Festering Skies so that it hooks more into the strategy layer gameplay.

Hey thread bump. Coincidentally, the release date for consoles was announced today- October 1st. And in really small type it says ‘PS5 and Xbox Series S|X Free upgrade will be released at a later date’. Oh, well. I do believe it will be on GP on that date, too, though it doesn’t say so in the trailer.

Thank god at least now we have a release date.

DLC 4 :

Playing this game now without the dlcs have to feel weird, as it seems you will be playing it entire mechanical pieces missing.

This is out on Xbox now, too. I’m remotely installing now via the Games Pass app, but I won’t be able to try it out until I get off work.

We also are making available a new cosmetic skin, the Headhunter Heavy! Everyone can unlock this armor with the promotional code:

ABSOLUTEPOWER

Okay, but how do I get it?

It looks like the version on Game Pass is just the base game with no DLC. That sucks since I was under the impression the full game would be available. Is it even worth playing without any DLC?

Yes it is, I have only been whelmed by the DLC

I thought the game pass one was the Year1 edition, which has the first 3 DLCs

That’s what I thought but when I look at the MS store the Year One Edition is 31.99 with Game Pass.

I think there’s some sort of code entry option from the main menu somewhere.

I think you have to be willing to be corrupted absolutely first.