Phoenix Point - new Julian Gollop turn-based strategy game

Depends whether you have absolute responsibility or not

It depends on what you mean. The console version that came out today supposedly has all current DLC already in it. The PC version that’s been on game pass since December '19 I think it’s just the base version.

Click the right-most icon in the lower-left corner of the main menu.

Thank you. That worked.

Well, looking at it now that I’m home, this is a little confusing. The version on GP on Xbox seems to be the base game. When you start a New Game, it has the option to activate DLC, all of which are marked ‘Availible’. Clicking them takes you to the Store, where they are listed as ‘Unavailable’, except the last, Corrupted Horizons, for $4.50.

But when you look in the Store app itself, in New Releases, you see only the Behemoth Edition, which is a bundle that includes all the DLC (including CH) for $40 (GP discount to $32). All DLC are listed as purchasable there, for between $4.50-9, totalling $27, with the base game by itself having a list price of $60 (!!)($48 with GP). So to buy them separately, $90/$75, as a bundle $40/$32. It’s… kind of nuts.

So as much as I’ve been waiting for this to come out on GP, I may just pony up the $32 for the Behemoth Edition and be done with it.

I made 6 Cypher HG handguns but they are not in storage. The manufacturing list says I have 6 but I can’t find them anywhere. I must be overlooking something obvious.

Edit: I just figured out the handguns only appear when you select the Sniper. Is there any way to equip the assault class with a handgun? It would come in handy if one of their arms get blown off.

Weapons are tied to class.
You can still equip one as an assualt ,but you’ll get an accuracy penalty.

To use without penalty, You either crossed-train into a class with handguns or yoy lucked into one o those random skills that gives hanguns proffiency/bonus

By default the inventory only shows your ckass’s equipment, you can toggle the filter to show equipment for all classes

I can’t figure out how to equip my heavies with a handgun, since the handguns only appear in storage when I select a sniper.

toggle the class filter tab Inventory to show ‘all’

Thank you so much, it was driving me nuts.

This is really crazy the amount of additional content they put out. And to top it all off, I sponsored the game on whatever platform they used (Fig, maybe?) for $25 or so, and got all future DLC’s free. I just hope that at some point they stop so I can play the final complete game.

Steam tells me there’s 50% off the Year One Edition, so I am thinking of picking it up. I didn’t enjoy Chaos Reborn and so I came to this thread to read about this game. Looks like it started rough but is now widely accepted as something I would enjoy. Should I get Festering Skies DLC (no sale on this though) or just play Base Game to see if I will like it or not?

I would just play the base game first. Some of the DLC content is good, but it will be an overwhelming mess of objectives and mechanics if you’ve never played before.

Yeah ok. By the time, DLC will be on sale he he.

I picked up Year One. First time player. Any specific stuff I should disable?

My first recommendation would be to get a computer that supports the scroll up feature so you can read other people’s posts.

-Tom

ouch!

Savage reply by Tom , sogood.gif

DLC 1: Blood and Titanium- integrates very well and doesn’t overwhelm you, ok story beats and interesting tech.
DLC 2: Legacy of the Ancients - its ok, i rarely take the time on doing these missions as they can become time consuming
DLC 3: Festering Skies- Adds air combat and makes strategic layer much deeper, but makes surviving the global portion a real challenge. Id steer clear for your first play through

That was the post I was referring to.

Back at ya with the reading other people’s post advice, since reading past the first sentence reveals the shocking twist of “Some of”, hence the implication that “some of” the DLC was fine for first time players while “some of” it was not. “Some of” us were curious what that “some of” was within the DLC.

David2 gets it.