PlayStation 5

Patents don’t mean a real product is coming, but this seems plausible.

Au contraire!

Dammit now I have to pee.

But that looks nothing like a Jaguar!

It’s shameful they were issued that patent. Alternate frame rendering, SLI, etc, has been around for decades, prior art abounds.

Hopefully it’s implicit multi-GPU, that could actually work on consoles because everybody builds to the same hardware spec avoiding the chicken/egg problem on PCs.

It’s probably a patent application, not one that has actually been issued.

Well that would be better.

Too late for folks to get one, but Sony Direct has consoles right now and there are queues. If you still want to make attempts, follow Wario64 on Twitter as he usually lets you know when queues are forming.

https://twitter.com/Wario64

Your estimated wait time is: more than an hour

Yeah that was hopeless as usual. Joined. Wait time over an hour. Out of stock in around 20 minutes.

So I’ve reported a few people on eBay selling : “BRAND NEW PS5 CONSOLE DISC VERSION - ON HAND NOW (box only)”

I’m pretty sure I’m a hero.

The highest bid I’ve seen for the PS5 box (just the box) is around $750. The internet turned far too many people into sub-morons.

I supposed most of these bids are bait (i.e. fake), but I guess sometimes a fish must bite.

I’ve had enough people misinterpret or misread my clearly worded eBay titles and descriptions to know that there are enough stupid people out there.

Someone on YouTube brought up something I hadn’t thought of, if someone is on a mobile phone the end of the description might be cut off. Not saying that makes someone non-stupid, but it makes the stupid choice really easy to make.

I imagine they’re scamming kind-hearted but absent-minded grannies who, on their death beds, want to give their grandsons the gift of 4k gaming.

Shame on them.

Queueing again.

https://t.co/ZBkzKCQNPR?amp=1

… and OOS in less than half an hour. Even though the queue was over an hour long the whole time and i was in it within the first 5 minutes.

How is that even possible?

My guess is scalper demand is half of all demand.

It is a hot item, but I do think there are people in queue that plan to resell, and that sucks. I wish they would have continued to offer the PS Plus subscribers via email like they did pre launch.

I’m glad that worked for somebody. I signed up for that and got no response at all for doing so.