PlayStation 5

Yep, as above if you have a friend with a PS5 my understanding is you could potentially acquire them that way. Sony has banned some people who have a lot of internet friends but I wouldn’t worry about it if it’s only one.

I also suspect the first party games in this lineup are prime candidates for PC ports.

Rats. But I do get the free monthly games as they come out, right (the equivalent of Games with Gold)?

Yes, just make sure to add them to your library, for the PS5 ones you may need to do it via the web if you don’t own a ps5.

That was my biggest push to go get a PS5, and with the delay in GT7 I’m settling back into the ‘I’ll get it when I get it’ chair. I’ll still watch for PS5 availability, but there’s even less interest for a 2021 purchase now. Might just put together a new PC instead.

…if you thought getting a PS5 right now was hard…!

Ha. Indeed. Go for a prebuilt :)

I’m in the same boat. I have the money and was all set for this year to be the year I buy a new console and build a PC. But at this point I’m really not interested in doing a bunch of extra work to get these companies to sell me their product. Super Switch will probably be the exact same situation as well.

GameStop had PS5 bundles available on their website if anyone is still looking.

Hey that’s me

Not any more. Did a search for PlayStation 5 console and nothing came up.

Well, here’s one ps4 owner that would like to be a ps5 owner 🙄

Yeah; we didn’t have a PS3 or PS4. We were playing a bunch of online titles when the PS3 launched, and our friends were all on XBL, so we went in the 360 direction (also, my wife wanted Dead Rising). We had both Sony consoles available at work, so I played a bunch of the big hits (and required research\reference titles) there as needed. For this go around, though, I wanted one for myself so I could more thoroughly explore the library this gen. It’s been great; I’ve also got the XSX, a Switch, and a decent PC, so I’m always overwhelmed by choice (in a good way!).

Reiterating what @stusser posted up thread.

HotStock app. I installed it and I do get alerts but still no luck getting a ps5 or xb

New Returnal trailer:

Can’t believe looks like I got a PS5 direct from Sony thanks to Wario64’s notice. Just hope they don’t cancel my order.

Unless you have issues with payment they wont.

Nice! I’ve always been positioned in the queue where I still have over an hour wait when they’re all claimed.

Yeah, if the order went through, then you should be good. Congrats!

Seconded, the app worked for me within a week.

Yep, same just happened to me…again. By the time I got in, they were OOS.