PlayStation 5

I send screenshots to a friend who hasn’t had a playstation for a decade or so. Then I just save them from the PS app and share.

I assume you could just make a dummy account to send that kind of stuff to in messages, though it really shouldn’t be necessary.

Yeah I do that too for the pics, but u can’t save videos that way unfortunately

It’s too bad they removed Facebook integration. Making private posts to your timeline was a really easy way to get video clips or screenshots off the PS4.

Create a second unpaid account and you can send all your pics and videos to it via friend share. I have my iPad setup to receive them with this account. You can also make a dummy Twitter account and send it all there as well.

I can’t seem to save videos (to my iphone) theough either twitter or friend share? Dunno if I’m doing something wrong

Is it too bad though, really?

Arg, I’m playing everything in the wrong order. FF7 Remake before seeing the Intergrade thing is a free upgrade. Subnautica with all its crashes before its most-recent patch (and those crashes pushed me to finish it on PC). The Last of Us: Part 2 before its 60 FPS patch.

I’m holding off on The Witcher 3 because of its ray tracing upgrade at some future point. What’s safe to play? RDR2 and RE2 Remake are in the queue.

I would love an excuse to go back and replay Bloodborne.

When you make a video, you can go straight to the left to pop up window, and from there choose the share icon, and then select your second ID (though there might be a file limit, not sure), then hit send. Make sure you’re logged in with your alternate (second ID) on your phone/tablet and not your primary ID. Also make sure you’re not accidentally logged into your PlayStation with the second ID you created. Are we friends on the PlayStation network? You can try sharing with with me as a test. I’m jpinard, same ID as here,

Hah well, it still sounds like a hassle. I don’t get why they have made an easier export option than this sort of workaround.

I’ll add you either way, so we can check, thanks :)

Huh. Was doing some work and noticed on my twitter feed that the Cheap Ass Gamer account said that PS5s were in stock on Amazon and were Prime eligible.

They had two links. Clicked the first one and got the Amazon “Sorry!” dog page.

Clicked the second, and it let me in, and I think I bought a PS5. Which I’m not sure is in the budget, necessarily, but I can make it work. Still waiting to get an email telling me “Sorry dude, no.” This was way too easy and anticlimactic.

The HotStock app isn’t really cutting it. Usually get the notification 2-3 minutes after the product is really available and by then the product is gone. Didn’t even get anything for the Amazon drop.

Any other apps that do a good job? I’d rather not be spammed by Twitter restockers, but maybe that is what I have to do.

I’ve just been following CAG on twitter for a while, since that account is usually a good resource for sales across the gaming spectrum anyway. They typically post about Xbox Series X/S stock and PS5 restocks and bundles from Bestbuy, Newegg, Amazon, Walmart, Costco, Sams, Gamestop and the Playstation store itself. If I’d see one of their restock posts fast enough, I’d try it, but always to no outcome. That’s why I still am fairly dubious that I’m actually going to get a PS5 with disc drive (and no bundle) from Prime and I’m waiting to be cancelled…

Have people stopped using that Discord channel? It served me well for both my 5900X and my 3080. Managed to bag them both within a couple weeks, last year when they’d just been released.

HotStock worked for me with PS Direct with the queueing they do. But it definitely wasn’t sufficient for the places that put up stock all at once for a free-for-all.

Congrats! Nothing anticlimactic from where I sit. I was doing the same, at probably the same time, but it never let me get the PS5. When I’d click Add to Cart it errored out. Repeatedly. So nicely done!

Sony had an investor relations presentation on the PS5. A bunch of interesting things there, including that they’re expecting to stop selling the consoles at a loss next month. That’s way faster than I would have expected. (And no, not because they’re raising prices.)

Thought this slide was interesting.

Also, they consider Returnal a successful new IP launch which makes me happy.

What Discord channel would that be?

…and shipped. Huh.