PlayStation 5

Found it!

Who knew?!?!

Mea culpa. I’m the asshole this time. Thanks for everyone with the suggestions and apologies to Sony :)

Now you need to go find that tutorial message and apologize to Nioh 2. Haha!

Fair!

I think I just managed to buy one of these…

Who did you murder? ;)

Ah I see that Gamestop has their bloated bundles up for sale. 2 of the 3 games I don’t want so yay? Meh

Hopefully this means plenty of PC ports :)

It was in Spain. Bundled with Ratchet and Clank which I wanted.

But it was not easy.

They had a bundle with Spiderman and Ratchet, but that one was already gone. I would have gotten that if it was still up. Oh well I’m certainly not trying very hard as I find the whole thing ridiculous.

If there’s any kiwis on the forum that can tell me how they managed to get a PS5 i’d be keen to hear.

I’m not sure of the details, but these guys should be able to point you in the right direction. You do have an ornithomimus assistant, right?

Has anyone order one of those bundles from GameStop? Could you in theory exchange the games in store? I don’t know why that didn’t occur to me until now.

This comes up on deal sites fairly often, typically parts of bundles are refused as a return, especially for GS. Other retailers, it often depends on how they ring up the bundle, but even then, sometimes they only give a very low price to the games in the bundles.

The retailers got pretty smart to this years ago.

This is me, though I am trying when I see notifications about PS5s being available…. And they are gone in seconds.

I’m on an original PS4, and ready for an upgrade a year ago. I didn’t think this drought would last this long. And with no end in sight.

It’s a bummer. Congrats to all those who have managed to find one

Wouldn’t hurt to ask. I managed to exchange a random third-party headset from a bundle for the official Sony one. They said that the policy was no cash returns of items from a bundle, but that exchanges were at store manager’s discretion.

Eh I may do that next time. It’s just annoying to me to have to grab 3 games that I would never buy at full price to get the honor to buy the thing I want lol.

New State of Play today.

Today’s show includes indies, updates from third parties, and a lengthy gameplay segment from Deathloop, Bethesda’s time-twisting FPS arriving September 14 for PS5. Today’s showcase will not include updates on the next God of War, Horizon Forbidden West, or the next generation of PlayStation VR.

Yay! I’m a lot more interested in Death Loop now that I know it’s a single player game.

Deathloop has managed to be an Arkane game which doesn’t interest me. If I have to make 8 criticial events happen, why do they have to be killings?

Seems mean :(

Because in videogames killing can be a very varied mechanic?

I do like the concept a lot. Let’s see how it turns out, but it would be the first FPS I play in a loooong time (and I think the previous one was a Dishonored?).