PlayStation 5

WHERE CAN I PRE-ORDER??!!

Exactly. :) If mean, if you consider the Xbox One X a new console, then I’m right and @Stusser is right too. :)

Right, the Xbone, XboneS, XboneX, XSS, and XSS are all the same console, just with performance improvements.

We’re all right! Now bring on the PlayStation 6 so we can finally get some PS5 gen games:-)

Just a reminder that it’s that time of year, when PS+ yearly subs are discounted to $39.99 from $59.99 for Black Friday.

Just bought my code on Amazon and I’m good until 12/2023, because I had one more year already front-loaded than I remembered. :)

Hehe, the PS+ holiday price bled through to cdkeys.com. I’ve seen PS+ 1-year for $30-$35, but now their price is the same $40.

I witnessed a person walk out of a Best Buy with a PS5 box, and I don’t think they sell just the box. Seeing the console reach a retail location made me happy.

I really wish they would give the option of the turning on the PS5 turns on the TV, but turning on the TV does not turn on the PS5. The Series X has this feature.

Yes, definitely. It seems like it should be a pretty obvious use case. If I turn on the TV, it might be to use any of four different input devices. But if I turn on the PS5, I will always want to turn on the TV.

I think I am able to do this, might just be a CEC issue.

Same, mine works as you’d like it to. Must be a TV level setting as I have all of the PS5’s HDMI options turned on.

Hmm, I have an LG C9, but no clue if there is a TV setting fix. I’m not very savvy with TV and console settings. I just know that my Series X works like I want.

My PS5 will turn on if it’s the last device I used and I’m still on that specific HDMI connection. It will not turn on if I was using another app or using a different HDMI.

Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy getting the next-gen treatment, Jan 28 release:

Sony also added that existing owners of either Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End , Uncharted: The Lost Legacy , or the digital two-pack PS4 bundle of both will be able to upgrade to the remastered Legacy of Thieves Collection on PS5 for $10, rather than buying the new collection again for the full $49.99.

Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection will offer three different options for the PS5 port: Fidelity Mode, for 4K / 30fps gameplay; Performance Mode, which targets a 60fps frame rate; and Performance Plus Mode, which drops resolution down to 1080p but offers a 120fps frame rate.

Nice!
So where do we go in the store to get these $10 packs to upgrade to PS5 version? I have never been able to find that option.

Don’t think those options go live until the games launch in January.

I meant for other games that got the upgrade treatment that are already out?

In most cases you just find the PS5 version in the store and there will be an upgrade purchase option listed. That’s how Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima worked.

Or it might be like Spider-Man, were you have to install the PS4 version and access the upgrade in the actual game.

That’s not how Spider-man worked. Getting the PS5 version was an upgrade from inside the PS5 version of Miles Morales if you only bought that. There was no PS4 to PS5 upgrade path of just the first game. Miles Morales and Spiderman Ultimate edition were both straight up PS4/PS5 cross-buy, though.

Okay… I had the PS4 version of the OG Spider-man, bought PS5 Miles, and then looked furtively for an upgrade for the PS5 upgrade for my PS4 Spidey in the store with no success. It wasn’t until you mentioned using the PS5 Miles to upgrade the PS4 Spider-man that I figured it out. Not exactly intuitive to look in the other game.