Post your pet!

The dog or the human? :)

Sheā€™s 99 pounds. The human is about 135 ;)

Love this thread so much! Everyone has such sweet buddies.

I had to put my first cat, and my best cat, Murphy, down today. She apparently had a tumor in her bladder that wouldā€™ve been very difficult to catch until it was too late, and even more difficult to treat. When she tried to pee at the vet this morning, her bladder ruptured, and that was that. I was able to drive back to be there for her final moments, and Iā€™m just a god damned wreck.

RIP Murphy, I hope we made your life as awesome as you made ours.

Sorry to hear that, Brian.

Thatā€™s rough, man. Itā€™s been over a year since I lost my kitty. Weā€™ll always miss our fuzzy buddiesā€¦

We sure do miss them. Sorry for your loss, Brian.

That sucks so bad. Having recently lost my own, this is a little too raw for me.

Man Iā€™m so sorry to hear that about Murphy, Brian. When I had to put my dog Buddy down a while back I wrote out a short eulogy for him on Facebook. Most of my friends knew Buddy well. It helped me a lot. Just writing out my thoughts about him and the fun we had. I want to take some pics of him and create a frame of them somewhere in the house as my gift back to him for all the joy he brought me as a pet. Meanwhile we have two aging dogs still and I dread losing either.

They give us so much but ask for so little in return.

Brian, Iā€™m so very sorry. Itā€™s a blessing to share our lives with others, especially our pets. We love them and they love us, so it makes it hard to lose them, but you loved her and made her life as good as you could and she gave you her love and affection in return. Iā€™m so sorry and wish I could help. If you want to talk, Iā€™m around. Iā€™ve had to do this too much in the last couple of years.

Bast welcomes another hunter to walk by her side

RIP laptop sitta

I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a loyal companion is hard as hell but nothing can take away the bond that you shared. Mourn her passing but remember to celebrate her life as well.

So sorry to hear that, Brian. Kitties are the best.

I did the same thing. Here it is:

Last night, when picking up Murphy, I noticed some wetness on her underside. We determined that this was eventually a mix of blood and urine. We gave her a sedative to help her sleep through the night, and took her to the vet this morning.

After leaving her at the vet for a while, Abby called to give me the worst news: She had a tumor in her bladder, and sheā€™d tried to pee so hard that it ruptured her bladder.

I drove back to the vet to be with her in her final moments, something I may never fully recover from.

Murphy was my first cat, and my best cat. Everyone who met her loved her, and some even ā€œthreatenedā€ to steal her. During the darkest days of my therapy, a decade ago, she was the one who was there for me after every session.

I hope we gave you as good a life as you gave us, Murphy, and may your afterlife be filled with all the heating pads and treats you could ever want. Rest in peace, and thank you for being so wonderful.

RIP Murphy, 12/10/2003 - 5/30/2019. Fuck cancer.

Thank you everyone.

So so sorry to hear, Brian. Iā€™ve had, and lost, so many cats, and it never gets any easier.

I will pet and hug my own a bit longer tonight and think of Murphy.

Sorry for your loss. Cats can be so damn affectionate, it really is something isnā€™t it.

We only get to borrow them for such a brief time

Hereā€™s Max.

This is not an action shot. Heā€™s not in the middle of doing something. Heā€™s just sitting like that, with his tongue sticking out, staring off into space like heā€™s had a stroke.

Truly sorry for your loss, Brian. Murphy was clearly one very loved kitty.

Thank you everyone, for your condolences and sharing your stories. It really helps. Iā€™ve never felt a loss this keenly about anyone, but a the support pouring in from here and elsewhere is a big help. Again, thank you.

Sorry about your little buddy Brian.