Post your pet!

Less posting; more new kitty getting.

Pet tattoos/piercings. What’s your opinion?

There is only one correct opinion about this. Just when you think people have proven how ridiculous humanity can get, they start tatooing their pets.

“Quit projecting on your pet, dipshit.”

Then again I’m in the old-school mindset of tattoos being appropriate only for bikers, truckers, and sailors. The ubiquity of poked holes and shitty flash can, unfortunately, be dumped on my X-Gen.

My dog only has a small straight line tattooed on her belly to indicate she has been fixed. I am thinking of an upgrade. Qt3 logo maybe?

Don’t do this.

Tattoos and piercings are a choice that humans make to express themselves. That’s cool.

But the animals are not making such choices. And those acts involve some degree of pain. Ultimately, it amounts to causing an animal pain for your own personal amusement, and that’s wrong. It’s not as bad as some intentionally sadistic act, but it’s still wrong, just like getting an animal’s tail or ears cut off for aesthetic reasons.

Surgery can be rough (or, ruff). Our little terrier is still recuperating from surgery to repair a torn ACL in his back leg. We’re not sure how it happened (and I don’t think I sat on him!). He wasn’t happy coming home.

When dogs are small, they replace the ligament with fishing line.

That is not a tattoo, that is before the stitches came out. The surgery was three months ago, and he is going now every other week for physical therapy.

Our labradoodle keeps him company.

We saw four Cats, two adults and two kittens. We came home with this young adult female.

She’s a total sweetheart so far. We’ll let her choose her name once my wife gets home from her violin lesson.

Personally I feel very strange. Like part of me won’t allow myself to be happy because it’s a betrayal of Murphy’s memory. It’s irrational, but I’ll work through it.

Shes a cutie! Socks!

I’m really glad you posted these. I showed my girlfriend as well. It makes me feel better should she need surgery.

I just told Max and Claudia about how they would have liked King, and he would have liked them, and that this was his house, but now it’s theirs.

It’s fucking stupid, and if you do it, you’re a fucking monster.

The new kitty has a name: Matilda.

I love tuxedo cats!

Thank you for adopting an adult cat, they are so much harder to place than kittens.

And she looks nice and perky!

Yeah, we met some kittens but were like, “These will have no problem finding homes.” It’s fitting since Murphy was 3 when she adopted me. ;) She was just such a runt I thought she was a kitten.

Maybe it is weird to post a photo of photos of our dogs, but here you are. These are, actually, a really cool Christmas present from our son. During one of his visits home from college last Fall he apparently rummaged through the photo albums in the basement to get pictures of our first two dogs and then had this set of framed prints made for us.

Clockwise from top-left:
Our first - Sydney - presumably Aussie mix of some sort. We got her when she was about 1 1/2, and were her 3rd family.
Ozzie, the only one we got as a puppy. Pure-bred (overly so) Border Collie. Born deaf. Brought him home at 8 weeks and trained him with hand signals. By far the most attentive and obedient dog we’ve ever lived with. He and Sydney passed away within a couple of months of each other - we try to have more separation in age now, because that was tough.
Bottom-right is Sampson. Mostly (3/4) Basset Hound. Probably about 8, he was ~2 when we adopted him.
Black and white in the middle is Dino. She lived to be either 16 or 17, depending on how old she really was when we got her. Passed away last Fall. Never did figure out a decent explanation for her breed ancestry.
Finally, the puppy Penny (probably getting close to 2 soon, we adopted her soon after Dino died). Actually got her DNA tested (as a Mother’s Day present for my wife). Half pit bull, 1/4 Shih Tzu, 1/4 Aussie. More accurately: 1/2 cat and 1/2 mountain goat.

That was a fantastic gift from your son. Consider that idea now stolen. I’m going to do this for my girlfriend.

Matilda makes excellent Gowron eyes:

I wager 400 quatloos on the newcomer!

Ah, but does she waltz?